• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Side Hustle in A-Pool

Ozarky

pilot
Hello all,

Just graduated OCS on 14 Dec, and am currently on my OHARP tour. Word on the street is SNA’s are looking at at least a couple months of time in A-Pool. So with that said, does anyone have any gouge or advice regarding the feasibility of working a side hustle during that time? My previous employer allows a tremendous amount of flexibility, along with setting my own schedule, so the time conflict would be nonexistent between the two. So, other than ensuring that I run it through the chain of command, is there anything else I should be aware of before pursuing the opportunity to make some extra cash?

Thanks in advance!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congratulations on your commissioning. Most people would recommend you enjoy the time off and recharge your batteries because the Navy is going to get it's pound of flesh from you over the next 10 years. If working part time accomplishes that for you, have at it. If I were in your shoes, I'd spend some time exploring the Gulf Coast, drinking beer, getting laid, enjoying your hobbies and expanding your mind by reading.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Congratulations on your commissioning. Most people would recommend you enjoy the time off and recharge your batteries because the Navy is going to get it's pound of flesh from you over the next 10 years. If working part time accomplishes that for you, have at it. If I were in your shoes, I'd spend some time exploring the Gulf Coast, drinking beer, getting laid, enjoying your hobbies and expanding your mind by reading.
Worthy advice, very worthy.

Ozarky

pilot

Thanks so much for the advice. I’ll ensure I make plenty of time for fishing and hunting, and of course some cold ones as well ?

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
Show up to muster, PT, and dont fail anything. Literally noone gives a damn what you do in your free time. Just dont be the guy that tries to explain an api test failure on a busy schedule.

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
good gouge, the whole pipeline has increased in difficulty and attrition rates are rising due to overmanning and wait times in the Trawings. so, set yourself up for success and try to have fun before the shit show begins.

Ozarky

pilot
And for clarification, I already have the job lined up; it’s the same thing I was doing before joining the Navy, but it would be great for A-Pool because I set my own schedule, work only when I want to, and they’re veteran owned so they know anything Navy related will always take precedence. Plus the money is too good not to at least do it on weekends here and there.