• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shoulder Holster Q

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Not going to be wearing the holster in the jet, just when I'm on deck .... over a flight suit ...

In that case: try Cabella's for quick & easy shoulder holsters if you don't want to spend @ $130+ for a Galco Miami Classic or something similar ....

Leather M7/M9 Shoulder Holster $40
spacer.gif

i227720sq01.jpg

24 reviews ... 4.3 stars out of a possible 5. One review said:
"Nice product. I found it to be very comfortable. It seems to hold a Colt Commander or a SIG 229 nicely. If your chest size is over 46", this holster will probably be too small for you. It would nice to see assembly instructions with pictures and more detail."

Another said:
"I bought this holster to be used during my deployment to Iraq with the US Army. I am a military policeman and this holster really does the trick for my Beretta 92fs. Its been 2 months so far and no problems, great leather, great stain, and great stability. Buy it, you will love it, great piece of history."

Other offerings from Cabella's ... shoulder holsters

or 30 shoulder holsters from MidwayUSA for SIG's
or 27 shoulder holsters from Cheaper than Dirt for SIG's

I can't offer any personal recommendations as I don't carry a SIG. :)

Zissou

Banned
(like it matters when the pimply faced AF tard sweeps you with his M16, or lays it on the deck in the DFAC....).

Muzzle sweeps are an NJP offense in any dignified military unit.

In 2006 over 200 service members were shot by themselves or friends in Iraq.

I encourage everyone to put boots up asses when you get swept.

If the CSM is handing out uniform gigs at the PX and not policing muzzle discipline: there is no discipline.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
Check with someone in your squadron, but the base you are going to just changed its policy to allow only downward facing holsters.
I bought mine at www.galls.com and would give it to you, but it is no longer authorized.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I really want to buy one of those I think those look very cool. Though its kinda hard to justify especially having bought a Miami Classic and a Safariland Thigh rig and not expecting to go outside the wire that much.
Yeah, they are a WW2 repro -- WW2 -- back when men were men and shoulder holsters were shoulder holsters ... :D

My Dad wore an "original" in WW2 ... I tried one in the NAV, but it wasn't secure enough for my purposes in a jet.

I've noticed a lot of General Officers in the sand wearing this style of holster on news reports ... for whatever that's worth. Look at it this way -- it's only $40 bucks. How many ways can you find to waste $40 bucks these days -- get something you'll like and that might make a difference -- skip Starbuck's for a week or two ... :)

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
I have been using a Galco VHS while on this deployment. It carries the pistol muzzle down (they say it was designed for LE/EMS aircrews) and while I don't like the way the pistol rides as much as I do with the Miami Classic, it does avoid the flagging issue. As a bonus for helo dudes, it fits underneath your body armor and drapes over the sides so you can wear it in the aircraft should flight-E run out of high-speed holsters for said vest (not that this ever happens....). All in all I would buy it again in a heartbeat, and I suspect they make it for your SIG.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The somewhat arbitrary "flagging" rules are an interesting study. If you wear a thigh drop holster and you sti at a desk/table across from someone you have in fact flagged them. I have the Galco Miami classic but now it seems in the way of most things I will need a new holster for my nest trip, wish we would work harder on a new pistol.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The somewhat arbitrary "flagging" rules are an interesting study. If you wear a thigh drop holster and you sit at a desk/table across from someone you have in fact flagged them.
YGTBSM. They make an issue of that? So if you bend over to tie your shoe while wearing a shoulder holster, you've flagged the guy walking 10yds behind you??

Granted, I have 0 time "in country." That said, while I can understand being anal with unholstered weapons, and rightfully so, you gotta draw the line somewhere.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As far as I know the only issue is horizontal shoulder holsters. This is based on posts here. I had one in theater until early 08 but I was on a somewhat backwater FOB away from glowbelts and silliness for the most part.
My post was intended to illustrate that most holster are susceptible to "flagging someone at some point it the day.