• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I stay or should I go? Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love HSC.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
In light stupid but kindly family movie Operation Christmas Drop there is small portion of HSC advert in a kind of this HSC-25 Sierra with funny tailboom art
If side number 00 is appliable to CO's bird like in Tailhook crowd, and all other 11 Sierras of this Guam-based unit evidently cope without such art could that mean that CO takes responsibility as well as the main cast in squadron's PR efforts?;)

BTW this constantly forward-deployed Sierra squadron gave the birth of at least one RADM - current NWC President

Hair Warrior

Contributor
In light stupid but kindly family movie Operation Christmas Drop there is small portion of HSC advert in a kind of this HSC-25 Sierra with funny tailboom art
If side number 00 is appliable to CO's bird like in Tailhook crowd, and all other 11 Sierras of this Guam-based unit evidently cope without such art could that mean that CO takes responsibility as well as the main cast in squadron's PR efforts?;)

BTW this constantly forward-deployed Sierra squadron gave the birth of at least one RADM - current NWC President
We repaint our Guam-based helicopters each month to re-number the birds and keep you and China on your toes.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
When filming Tears of the Sun, one of our birds had a big Shaka on the radome. During a day of filming, after a take or two, the squadron was asked if they could make it so the Shaka wasn't there. So back to the squadron it flew, Mx dropped the radome and canned another one from another bird, and then back to set for filming.

I think the issue was continuity and not the actual Shaka being in-frame, but it's unfortunate the dome art didn't make the cut.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor

I've flown that bird before it was in Guam. I believe I have a rescue in the bird and at one point it had my name on it. :)

croakerfish

pilot

When I was in that squadron we used the showbird for high-visibility stuff whenever feasible. It was actually two JOs flying in the movie however.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
When I was in that squadron we used the showbird for high-visibility stuff whenever feasible
What always strike me is our Russian aviation habit to paint something threating on airplane that doesn't supposed to threat - say, crocodile teeth on tactical transport Mi-26 which everyone here calls Cow. Seems to be only inspiring sight available to national military aviation ethos, and if psych people are right with opinion that painted teeth is a sign of painter's inner evil, that depicts a significant trait of national character. The sole exception is Su-25 Frogfoots' rooks of different kinds, but mostly with bombs, since nickname of this airplane is Rook, and it is better just because birds don't have teeth:D

Last edited:

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Crossthread from "No More CQs?" - with widespread PLM use and attendant boarding rate increase, CNAF should revisit CV NATOPS SAR requirements, especially as deck/hangar space becomes more and more premium.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crossthread from "No More CQs?" - with widespread PLM use and attendant boarding rate increase, CNAF should revisit CV NATOPS SAR requirements, especially as deck/hangar space becomes more and more premium.
I've seen plenty of scary passes with PLM with the requisite blood curdling power/wave off calls. A better boarding rate doesn't necessarily reduce the number of mishaps at the boat.

thump

pilot
I've seen plenty of scary passes with PLM with the requisite blood curdling power/wave off calls. A better boarding rate doesn't necessarily reduce the number of mishaps at the boat.

Data should exist to determine this correlation...