• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shooting debrief discussion

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I did not meet her at Dunkin’ Donuts or Hooters...I met her during day one of the Cincinnati Police Academy in 2004. I have no idea if she likes Dunkin’ Donuts or Hooters...I didn’t do Dunkin’ Donuts and I seldom went to Hooters back in 2004.
A cop who didn’t like donuts!?!? ? ☕️

Bergers2short

None
Absolutely, but they won't because as MADD's ex-founder said, "MADD has become far more neo-prohibitionist than I had ever wanted or envisioned … I didn't start MADD to deal with alcohol. I started MADD to deal with the issue of drunk driving." The transformation from MADD as Mothers Against Drunk Driving to Mothers Against Destructive Decisions is maddening. One of MADD's original goals was to have parents and their kids sign a contract stating that if the kid called them for a ride, the parent would pick them up, no questions asked. Somehow, the group turned into a bunch of self-righteous crusaders who advocate for zero tolerance policies.

E6BFlightComp

Some should check out Donut Operator's video on this:

While hindsight is 20/20 and the guys history doesn't warrant a death penalty some interesting things are brought up that create context.

The guy originally ran because his was still on probation from a 7 year sentence for Battery, Domestic Violence, and Child Cruelty. Whats also pointed out in the video is the same DA that is trying to prosecute the officer that shot and killed the suspect also charged 6 officers around 3 weeks prior with Aggravated Assault. Georgia law states:

Aggravated assault, a felony in Georgia, is an assault that is committed: with the intent to rob, rape or murder. with a deadly weapon or any object that can be or is used in a manner that results in serious bodily injury or strangulation, or. by discharging a firearm from a vehicle.

In this case, the 6 officers had deployed tasers to remove two college aged boys from a car that they refused to step out of, which is covered by Penn v. Mimms. The DA, through charging these officers, marked the Taser as a deadly weapon which could constitute deadly force as seen by case law. Talk is even the re-instatement of the officer if the case is marked as a "lawful use of deadly force".

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Indeed, and yet we have anti-abortion crusaders who are also anti contraception crusaders... because “fornication.” ?

9 months ago Minneapolis (including the mayor) was talking about the need for additional police officers due to a series of savage beatings of (surely coincidental) white people. Life comes at you fast.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply

9 months ago Minneapolis (including the mayor) was talking about the need for additional police officers due to a series of savage beatings of (surely coincidental) white people. Life comes at you fast.

Same thing happened in Baltimore a few years ago, and captured on cell phone. Now Baltimore is considering "defunding the BCPD" reallocating funds somewhere else.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Serious question, what would have happened if the victim had defended themselves with a gun, knife, or bare hands and one of the attackers was critically injured or killed?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Serious question, what would have happened if the victim had defended themselves with a gun, knife, or bare hands and one of the attackers was critically injured or killed?
Riots. Whites being brutalized barely makes local news. Flip the races in those videos and shit would be burning.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Riots. Whites being brutalized barely makes local news. Flip the races in those videos and shit would be burning.
That's probably an uncomfortable question and answer for a lot of people. Why is it that way? We probably can't answer it. But it's a question that we can ask when the time is right.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
When the time is right?

Probably soon when things calm down a bit. Stuff is happening wrt systemic racial issues.

The President's EO is a great place to start.

"Okay- everyone is getting the idea- racism is terrible and people shouldn't be attacked because of their race. It's time for the functional leaders of each community to make people sit down, listen to each other and stop fighting."

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Probably soon when things calm down a bit. Stuff is happening wrt systemic racial issues.

The President's EO is a great place to start.

"Okay- everyone is getting the idea- racism is terrible and people shouldn't be attacked because of their race. It's time for the functional leaders of each community to make people sit down, listen to each other and stop fighting."
Ok let me know when it’s ok to talk about addressing the systemic violence of certain communities. I’ll check my privilege and wait patiently. Unless #silenceisviolence then I’ll speak out, but just not yet.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Ok let me know when it’s ok to talk about addressing the systemic violence of certain communities. I’ll check my privilege and wait patiently. Unless #silenceisviolence then I’ll speak out, but just not yet.

You know what I meant dude. I gave an honest answer. I was hoping you were willing to actually have a conversation. But I was wrong, you just wanted to be a dick.

You know as well as I do how much of an advantage that getting to choose the time and place for a battle is. You also know that screaming about black on white racism right now would at best be drown out and at worst fall only on deaf ears. That doesn't make it right, it's just how it is.

I get it, you don't think you're racist, it's not your fault the system is the way it is, and you're just trying to get by as best you can- just like everyone else.

We can't talk about everything at the same time. Right now, the national conversation is on something else.