• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shameful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

GUYS... I know for a fact that there are several members of this forum who are studs at Krock and Meridian. Surely there must be something of interest to write about.

I for on am curious about the new policy at VT-7 that says you have to be recall'able' with in an hour? This can't be right.?.

What are the recent selection classes looking like, who's getting what and how many of each frame?

Any funny storis from Black Jack over the Meridian sim building?

Faster - funnier! c'mon!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You go Jack!

BTW, Whidbey is a rainy depressing place, and there isn't much to say about the town either! Was there on Sat and Sun picking up one of our P3s...

Jack

John, well we didn't want you hear anyway! [8D]

Where did you go during your brief visit? Even during the rainy days there are places not more than 10 minutes from the base that are awesome. Sorry you had such a bad time here. Hopefully you will perpetuate your experience and nobody else will want to come here, that will keep the numbers down and the traffic mild. JK :)

Jason Williams

Jack thanks for calling us out. Dont you know were in Mississippi and the Internet is as scarce as indoor plumbing. Im in VT 9 but stood IWO a couple of months ago with a 7 stud who said something about the recall. VT 9 is incredibly slow. I been here since april and am now waiting for fams. On the good side my bounce date is in Feb so hopefully will be down the hall in VT 7 by march. Who knows. I dont know much about the people coming in because most are TS studs if not all and not T-2s. I think the pickins are slim too. Not too many jet slots around right now.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I spent most of my time out on taxiway Foxtrot turning a broken plane. Ended up staying there for two days since the plane wasn't ready as advertised. First day got it fixed around 6pm, went back to the hotel (Best Western), and out to some spanish place El Muipa or something like it. Homecoming was in effect and the very few restaraunts were full. Flew out early sunday morning for an 8 hour flight back to Hawaii.

Yeah, traffic is just so instense... not..

Jack

BTW Jon, thanks for the heads up on your trip up here. I would have had you over for BBQ and Gator footbal saturday. I see how it is though
icon_smile_wink.gif

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Geez Jack! I found out that I was going to KNUW about 3 hours before the commercial flight left, packed my **** up, hopped on a United flight out at 2355 local, stopped in San Fran, hopped on another flight up to SETAC, then got two rental cars for the crew and drove two hours to Oak Harbor!! Got in at like 4pm, crashed, ate, went back to sleep, and woke up at 0530 for a 0600 for an 0800 takeoff.... 12 hours, 5 gripes and a broken plane later I am lugging my bags to the curb to go check into the hotel AGAIN, eat (I missed the game, like I said, I was out on Foxtrot doing high power turns), went back to sleep, got up for ANOTHER check out at the hotel, and a 0600 for an 0800, and thankfully we got off though we went through two huffers, arrived 8 hours later in HI, got home and crashed. What a weekend! Sheez, trust me, I would have loved a beer and BBQ, but not in the cards...

And Ghost, don't make me ban you from the site for trying to talk trash about my Gators!

ghost_ttu

*grumbles* That's a LOW blow from someone that has to type out a paragraph to amount to one thing......An Excuse!!!!

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
At least my excuse involved flying! [:D] as finger hovers over ban button jk with ya!

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Grinders is having Shrimp Fest this Saturday in the parking lot... and there's a new restaurant called Crescent City Grill where you can get Red Hook ESB on tap. Plus it has decent* waitresses.

*Decent for this particular zip and area code. Speaks English semi-fluently, kids do not come to work with them.

Jack

John, lighten up
icon_smile.gif
I was just kidding around when giving you S@#t about not announcing your arrival.

PS I'm suprised the navy didnt spring for some better lodging than teh Best Western, next time I would demand a sea side bed and breakfast, plenty of those up here.

tali264

Whoa, everyone stop. Did you guys read Ghost's post??? "I got nothing". I think it should get copied and put in on the home page for everyone to see. This is truely a monumental and rare occasion. Who would have thought that boy would be speechless???? Let the world know that it IS possible [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.