• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

service selection (Spring '08)

whalepelt

i don't get something- why is there a difference? why make some people take calculus and physics and others aren't required to take it. i mean, everyones commission at the end is the same right? so what is the navy trying to accomplish by having this difference? :confused:

Well if you're College Program, they're not paying for anything. It's probably that way to make it easier to join while in school or simply because they feel they have less room to demand it of you if you're not on scholarship.

war eagle

it's the navy's way of trying to show favor to technical majors.... ? that's what i gather after 4 and a half years in the program.

adam28270

It's hard to say why the difference. Probably a mix between having to pay for school themselves, and not being under contract until the last 1 or 2 years. Everyone else on scholarship is required to have calc 1/2 and physics 1/2 completed in their first 2 years.
Any college programmers on here that can elaborate? Are you guys required to take the Political and writing classes too?

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
I've heard it's so you qualify for nuke school. I would assume that if you pick up a 2 year scholarship, you might not be able to fit calc/physics into your curriculum and still graduate on time. I'm just guessing, though.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've heard it's so you qualify for nuke school. I would assume that if you pick up a 2 year scholarship, you might not be able to fit calc/physics into your curriculum and still graduate on time. I'm just guessing, though.

I've heard the same thing, though in my opinion I think we should have the option of not taking the classes as long as we acknowledge we have removed ourselves from consideration for the nuke pipeline :D. My GPA would be a lot happier if that were the case.