• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service Selection Results

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Found out today!!! Sweet!!!

I am still a 40 year old 1317 passed over terminal O-4!!!

See ya in....

What? Damn...wrong thread...my bad.

jpm269

pilot
MIKWAT,

That was exactly how it played out for me. It was homecoming weekend and I was at the Cafe when the other 2 December grads tracked me down. We all picked up SNA. I really don't remember much after that.

Congrats all!

hanginthere

I got a 3.5 in engineering (I don't even think the technical major stuff matters anymore), and 6/6/6. To whoever got a 9/9/9, that's incredible, B.Z! Hey question though... I'm going to start looking in to flight simulation programs to start getting ready for IFS, does anybody have any recommendations on the best brands?

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
When I worked as a CFI I would always recommend the Microsoft flight sim to students as a training aide. You can download "skins" online to get the same aircraft you are training in. While sim flying isn't quite the real thing, I have seen students who practice their lesson on a home sim before showing up and rock out their lessons like pros. Sims are especially helpful in practicing procedures and instrument scans. Same idea as chair flying, but some people have more fun with sims.

wnukalicious

1390, had 6/7/6 and 2.94 gpa. The guy ranked 1st in our class of 21 got subs (had it as his 2nd choice, SNA was his 1st). Guess it doesn't always pay to be #1.

dirtydog

1390, had 6/7/6 and 2.94 gpa. The guy ranked 1st in our class of 21 got subs (had it as his 2nd choice, SNA was his 1st). Guess it doesn't always pay to be #1.
It does pay to be number one, but if he really wanted SNA, he would have put subs #5. Anything else is a gamble for subs, especially in top 3.

It is lame that it comes down to list order, but if you are qualified SNA and want SNA, putting subs in top 3 means you are getting subs.

wnukalicious

Exactly. Plus he has a very high gpa with an engineering major at an engineering school. Might as well have put subs 1st. Anyway, I'm pretty pumped. Myself and 3 others from our unit got SNA, and I know of one that got SNFO.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
They are digging down for guys with subs that have it anywhere in their 6 choices here at USNA; in the rumor mill, a female even got the sub "draft" apparently after getting picked for Med Corps... They are selecting several females from my class for subs apparently and know a few who want to and/or have been "asked."

dirtydog

They are digging down for guys with subs that have it anywhere in their 6 choices here at USNA; in the rumor mill, a female even got the sub "draft" apparently after getting picked for Med Corps... They are selecting several females from my class for subs apparently and know a few who want to and/or have been "asked."
I read about that on Sailorbob. Targeting people with it anywhere within their 6 is a little harsh, since we were mandated to put it down somewhere between 1-5.

Best of luck to the SNA/SNFO selectees at USNA!

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Targeting people with it anywhere within their 6 is a little harsh, since we were mandated to put it down somewhere between 1-5.

We did, too. And I remember if it was in your top 3 you HAD to go to a nuke interview. I think it legitimately would have been my #3, but it got shoved way down to 6 when I saw what was happening.

Lightning26

Congrat's to everyone!

I got my second choice, SNFO. I am a FY-08 STA-21 Core selectee, apparently they only set aside a few spot's for OC's in the selection process?

Has anyone heard of this before?

I was always told that we were competing against MIDN in the selection process.

Good Luck to everyone.