• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Serious trouble at af acad. H1n1

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I don't get the shot either. Last time I did, I got a mild flu as a side effect and it lead to pneumonia. So, I said f-that and refuse the shot/nasal spray each time.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Words about how to get out of the flu shot.

Shhhhhhh!?!?!? If too many use our "trick" the should will become a shall.

Besides...I am not getting sick for the Aggie whoopin'.

FWIW for the newbies...if given the choice take the shot over the spray. I have seen more dudes with symptoms after the spray than the shot.

Bevo16

pilot
That is because the spray is a live (but allegedly weakened) virus. The shot is a dead virus.

What sucks about the flu, are the symptoms of the flu. If the shot is going to give you the symptoms, it kind of defeats the purpose.

MasterBates

3 times the Navy has given me the flu vaccine.

3 times I have ended up in the hospital. I almost died the 2nd time. Combo of I'm allergic to the vaccine AND a bad batch to boot.

They tried to give it to me in Kingsville.. I explained not only no but HELL NO. The civvie-HM-contractor-peon "threatened" to have me "restrained". I informed her of where that needle would be going (not in me).

The Real Doc had to come in and show her "HEY JACKASS, ITS IN HIS RECORD HE'S ALLERGIC! YOU WANNA KILL HIM?!!!???"

I have to ask where each and every vaccine comes from now. I demand to see the vials. Lungs filling with fluid while running 103+ fever and hallucinations are not a thing I'd like to repeat. If the BOQ cleaning lady had not found me after the 2nd time, I'd not be here right now.

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
I would like to know if they are not mandatory as well. I don't want to take them. It sounds like there is going to be a mandatory swine flu vaccine coming this fall. The government has already ordered almost 200 million doses. I don't want anything to do with it. Especially after hearing that Baxter shipped out seasonal flu vaccines contaminated with live avian flu virus to Europe earlier this year.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2009/02/27/8560781.html

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
3 times the Navy has given me the flu vaccine.

3 times I have ended up in the hospital. I almost died the 2nd time. Combo of I'm allergic to the vaccine AND a bad batch to boot.

They tried to give it to me in Kingsville.. I explained not only no but HELL NO. The civvie-HM-contractor-peon "threatened" to have me "restrained". I informed her of where that needle would be going (not in me).

The Real Doc had to come in and show her "HEY JACKASS, ITS IN HIS RECORD HE'S ALLERGIC! YOU WANNA KILL HIM?!!!???"

I have to ask where each and every vaccine comes from now. I demand to see the vials. Lungs filling with fluid while running 103+ fever and hallucinations are not a thing I'd like to repeat. If the BOQ cleaning lady had not found me after the 2nd time, I'd not be here right now.

Your life gets more and more weird every day.

Does anybody happen to know what pub the reg on flu vaccines is written in?

Back in early 70s when first shots were available at the military trade school I was attending at the time, I dutifully went and got mine right away. Then, after gym period after one day, I noticed after returning to room that I was cooling down as normal. Last conscious thing I remember is telling my roomie to get me to sick bay as I seemingly keeled over onto bed in slow motion. When I woke up much later in hospital, they had me in an ice bath so-to-speak because my temp had spiked at 106.9. I was one of many who actually got a severe case of flu from a bad batch. As many of us started dropping like flies, they stopped that round until they figured out what was wrong so I was told. I still have several days which are lost to my memory.

Not a fun experience at all and I, too, refused them for years without ever getting the flu.