• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

exNavyOffRec

Update for NRD Richmond, for those that care; according to my OR each community has different ways of putting out data apparently and I guess that IDC is putting out name by name into the system. NRD only has a partial list of peoples whose names are at the beginning of the alphabet. So if that is 450 names to wade through I assume that is what is taking so long to publish the results. Anyway I won't hear back until they get mid alphabet.

I think you may have misunderstood what he was trying to convey, the results are loaded into CIRIMS one at a time, the results are all on one page and signed by the senior member, if he is only checking CIRIMS then you will be waiting for a bit, generally the Pro Y's are loaded first, then the Pro N's.

exNavyOffRec

Finally received official word from my OR in Dallas. PRO REC N.

Rufio, NavyOffRec: Any suggestions on how to better my package?

You have good stats, but with any designator that has a low selection rate many good people get the "N", I would look at other designators if you want to be a USN officer.

usmctonavy

I think you may have misunderstood what he was trying to convey, the results are loaded into CIRIMS one at a time, the results are all on one page and signed by the senior member, if he is only checking CIRIMS then you will be waiting for a bit, generally the Pro Y's are loaded first, then the Pro N's.
Yikes! That doesn't bode well for me then.

spazzz

Still have not heard received any verification from my OR in Dallas so I am going to wait and see how long before he notifies me as I am pretty sure he has the results. I have heard through back channels that I was a PRO-REC N, which is somewhat concerning considering my application but it is what it is. I am not sure how to improve my package as I already have several graduate degrees and scored a 59 on the OAR and I am also prior military. Any suggestions from those that are still browsing the sire would be great.

fedman28

I feel like those of us with non tech degrees no matter the level are going to be at a huge disadvantage. It seems as if it's not so much as the GPA or school as it is the subject matter of your degree. I'm going to bump my OAR score up by 10-15 points and get an online masters in IT or CS, and see what that does for my packet. That is what I have concluded from the current Y and N I'm my opinion.

exNavyOffRec

Still have not heard received any verification from my OR in Dallas so I am going to wait and see how long before he notifies me as I am pretty sure he has the results. I have heard through back channels that I was a PRO-REC N, which is somewhat concerning considering my application but it is what it is. I am not sure how to improve my package as I already have several graduate degrees and scored a 59 on the OAR and I am also prior military. Any suggestions from those that are still browsing the sire would be great.

see my earlier post

plastycx

Never Giving Up
Was there much change in the packet each time?

better PFA scores, renewed interviews, and another Navy achievement medal,

but this time I will have a better eval, another award and even more letters of recommendation and I think I'll try the OAR one more time

OKI_bound

Have any of the selectees been contacted with a report date yet? I was told they're filling the Feb '15 class, but they may not have any IDC slots.

navyhaz

Have any of the selectees been contacted with a report date yet? I was told they're filling the Feb '15 class, but they may not have any IDC slots.

Non-disclosed process for the fleet applicant (in my experience), you must call the processors. No news is good news until you have no control or say when you leave. Unknown to me, they were slotting me into the February class. I have a thing in February and because of this I got a verbal for the March 22 class up. Checking eNtrs, no fleet personnel have been slotted for February as of 26 November 2015. If you are willing to go in February, call them and they will slot you. I'm 99% sure of that because they do have several IDC slots available for those classes. I got the vibe that they are trying to ship fleet personnel over civilians... giving us preference. In order to meet the FY-15 goal which they just reached this past September board, everyone selected must class up on or before the first class in July 2015. So worst case is your going in July.

TLDR; call the fleet processors. They will work with you to the best of their ability.

exNavyOffRec

Non-disclosed process for the fleet applicant (in my experience), you must call the processors. No news is good news until you have no control or say when you leave. Unknown to me, they were slotting me into the February class. I have a thing in February and because of this I got a verbal for the March 22 class up. Checking eNtrs, no fleet personnel have been slotted for February as of 26 November 2015. If you are willing to go in February, call them and they will slot you. I'm 99% sure of that because they do have several IDC slots available for those classes. I got the vibe that they are trying to ship fleet personnel over civilians... giving us preference. In order to meet the FY-15 goal which they just reached this past September board, everyone selected must class up on or before the first class in July 2015. So worst case is your going in July.

TLDR; call the fleet processors. They will work with you to the best of their ability.

When it comes to shipping because they have a spot for an IP doesn't mean they can switch it with IW or SWO IP with IP, etc..... when looking at when people are shipping you have to look at the same flavor of designators.

PettyOfficerCJ

I know I promised to post my stats a couple weeks ago, but I've had to clear up some medical stuff before I was more sure that I might actually go. I know a lot of you asked for stats, so you could see the ones of those who got selected...... I know I appreciated it too. If there's anything that I wrote that you have a question about, please feel free to bring it up.......Here are my stats (select for IW)

-Active Duty/CTI2(IDW)/Chinese Linguist/Age:31
-Education:
-Bachelor of Arts/French (3.5)/2005
-Master of Education/Secondary Education (3.8)/2007
-Master of Science/Educational Leadership (3.8)/30 of 60 credits done
-Associate of Arts/Mandarin Chinese (3.9)/2013
(DLPT Scores: French/3,3.......Mandarin Chinese: 2+,2+)

Prior Military Experience:
-Teacher (Science, French, Language Arts)
-Coach (Head Volleyball, Assistant Softball, Assistant Basketball)-all Girls' sports
-Umpire (City Girls' Junior Fast Pitch Softball, University Men's Intramural Slow Pitch Softball)
-While a teacher, I was also the High School Senior Class Director and Fundraising
Coordinator
-Volunteer (-I helped to initiate and establish tutor/mentor programs for students in two different cities in at-risk schools -various youth leagues)
-Work ( -Teaching (full-time)
-more part time jobs in the last 16 years than you can shake a stick at..... haha)
-College: Intercollegiate Debate Team, Society Officer, French Club Officer, intramural sports leagues, choir,tutoring

Military: (not much....only in almost 3 years)
-DLI Sailor of the Month
-DLI Alumni Association Student Achievement Award
-LOC for Volunteer Hours (at DLI)
-Leadership: -Multi-Service Small Section Leader, Division Volunteer Coordinator, Division Squad Leader,
Barracks Deck PO, IDW Coordinator, Sponsor Coordinator, some other work related positions...
-Volunteer: -Navy Choir -Kid's Swim Class Assistant Instructor -Food Bank
-Evals: the only 2 I've had were great
-Interviews: all IW (O-5, O-5, O-4), all highest points and recommendations
-CO and staff ranked me 1 out of 4 applying from our command for the IW board

Applied: IW only
Prof Rec: IW
FS: ?????
OCS: ?????

Last edited:

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Just a heads up as far as classing up goes, I was PR-Y for SWO/IW from the Sept. 15 board, I got my FINSEL in middle December, and have a class date of 22 March. At least 4 or 5 other IDC guys from the Sept. board are also in that class. Some even made the 8 Feb. class.

exNavyOffRec

Just a heads up as far as classing up goes, I was PR-Y for SWO/IW from the Sept. 15 board, I got my FINSEL in middle December, and have a class date of 22 March. At least 4 or 5 other IDC guys from the Sept. board are also in that class. Some even made the 8 Feb. class.

remember you can only compare SWO-IW to SWO-IW or Intel to Intel, while they are under the same IDC umbrella the destination billets are different and have different openings