• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

bluemarlin04

Hey all. Just got my tentative date of March 13th! I'm stoked.

I did want to pass along to you guys though that there was a bit of an issue. I was calling my recruiter every other day because it took a while to get ahold of him. I just wanted to confirm that all my paperwork was done after my pro-rec. He said yes and then called me back two weeks later to say there was a problem with my MEPS paperwork and I had to send all the stuff to him that I had.

Just make sure as best you can everything was submitted properly! Good luck guys.

FFFUUUUUU. I hope that's my date too. MEPS submitted all my paperwork from their office when I was there. The OSO said I was good to go and just waiting. I really want to get into that class with you guys

CountryBoy8184

Former NFO-select, now SNA
I just received the biggest news of my life!!!! Even better than the NFO pro-rec I received in September! My recruiter just informed me that I have officially been reassigned to SNA instead of NFO!!!!!!!!! My tentative date as I understand it is April 3rd. My documents should come within the next 7-10 days and I should be sworn in before Christmas...at least that's the plan. I can't believe it, I'm too excited to sit still!

FFFUUUUUU. I hope that's my date too. MEPS submitted all my paperwork from their office when I was there. The OSO said I was good to go and just waiting. I really want to get into that class with you guys

Who wouldn't want to get into class 11-11?! We're pretty much guaranteed to all graduate on time... But seriously, hope it works out. If everything was done, you might be getting in. Mine is still tentative too, and I have received the actual letter, so maybe you are in the same deal and your recruiter just doesn't want to get you all excited yet.

I just received the biggest news of my life!!!! Even better than the NFO pro-rec I received in September! My recruiter just informed me that I have officially been reassigned to SNA instead of NFO!!!!!!!!! My tentative date as I understand it is April 3rd. My documents should come within the next 7-10 days and I should be sworn in before Christmas...at least that's the plan. I can't believe it, I'm too excited to sit still!

Man, this is beast news! I'd be going crazy too. Any reason why the redesignation? I'm also assuming you had SNA as your #1? Regardless, congratulations.

aukonak

Received my Final Select today. 13 March 2011, was pro-recced SNA back in Oct. 26/M/Non-Prior.

Congrats to all.

CountryBoy8184

Former NFO-select, now SNA
Danielsw25: SNA was my #1. It had something to do with a combination of re-evaulating my qualifications, as well as the needs of the Navy. There was a pilot slot open for the April 3rd date, and if I had remained NFO, I would have been leavinig around August or so, but that would put me at 27 and too old to qualify. This way, I can be commissioned and apply for flight training before I turn 27. The officer who re-evaulated me told my recruiter that if not for quota, I would have been selected SNA already. I'm just thankful that things happened the way they did, lol.

bluemarlin04

I figured out the problem with my final select. My conditional release from the reserves needs to be signed by PERS and not my CO like I was originally told. So now I have to go and get that squared away tomorrow with my admin and Chiefs. Hopefully I can get it quick and turn it in to get my final select and class date quickly. I don't want to be sitting around doing nothing.

kdenn

I finally went to MEPS about a month ago, and I got word yesterday that my medical came back good. I had to re-sign my security clearnance papers though? Apparently since I signed them back in May, the dates were too old and I needed a more recent signature. I was under the impression that after MEPS, you were cleared to receive your FS, but now I'm being told that I have to wait for the security clearance also? I think I'm confused as far as what's actually required to be compelted in order to receive your final select, so if anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it. I was pro-rec'd back in September, and starting to get a little antsy.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I finally went to MEPS about a month ago, and I got word yesterday that my medical came back good. I had to re-sign my security clearnance papers though? Apparently since I signed them back in May, the dates were too old and I needed a more recent signature. I was under the impression that after MEPS, you were cleared to receive your FS, but now I'm being told that I have to wait for the security clearance also? I think I'm confused as far as what's actually required to be compelted in order to receive your final select, so if anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it. I was pro-rec'd back in September, and starting to get a little antsy.

Both security and MEPS are required for FS. The PRT was also required but it has been suspended.

kdenn

Both security and MEPS are required for FS. The PRT was also required but it has been suspended.

Great, thank you for clearing that up. Do you know approximately how long a security clearance takes? I thought it had been processed in May when I originally signed the documents, but I'm being told now that's not the case.

bluemarlin04

Don't they tell you your medical is good at MEPS? That's what they did for me. They handed me my paperwork and told me I was qualified. Maybe it was because I was a prior.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Don't they tell you your medical is good at MEPS? That's what they did for me. They handed me my paperwork and told me I was qualified. Maybe it was because I was a prior.

You passed the MEPS physical but they have to send it off to get it approved. So yes you passed but you aren't qualified until Big Navy says you are. ;)

Lucy

Security clearences take longer than until the FS, but there are certain checkpoints and as long as those come back ok you will get your FS. Non TS/SCI ones generally take 3-6 months for a complete check, and TSI/SCI are anywhere from 6-12 months.

For example, my job with NPS required a 7 year check and it took about 4 months, but I started work 2 weeks after submission because all the major flags had been checked. Same concept for the Navy.

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
Does anyone know if the six months reapplication means September non-selects reapply in March or in April?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Does anyone know if the six months reapplication means September non-selects reapply in March or in April?

Due to the next board being in April you qualify for reapplying due to being 6+ months from the last board you were reviewed.