• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

ajalali

pilot
Thanks, two!

Definitely gotta push myself these next few weeks then!

My recruiter was encouraging me to take the PRT pretty soon after my March pro-rec, but I ended up taking it just last week because I got hurt overtraining for it in April (not my recruiters fault, it was mine). It was actually the last thing I did before my FINDOCS were sent in for FS last week. I guess what I'm trying to say is this: I've read things about doing the PRT within 30 days after your pro-rec, but I'm not sure how "firm" that is. But whatever you do, don't do what I did and hurt yourself by trying to run too hard/far/fast right off the bat. It was awful. I promise that if you ease into running, you will see results and you decrease your chances of getting hurt. Good luck to you man!

mrkeys25

Well everyone. Count me out.
I just got the call from my OR. Turns out its been confirmed that BDCP is in fact closed til at LEAST spring. Even though my package has already been sent off, it's gonna come back declined. Worst news all year unfortunately. Pretty blown :/
But anyways...
Good luck to the rest of you! Lets see some pro-recs!

TheBirdy

pilot
I just got the call from my OR. Turns out its been confirmed that BDCP is in fact closed til at LEAST spring. Even though my package has already been sent off, it's gonna come back declined. Worst news all year unfortunately. Pretty blown :/
But anyways...

Haven't heard anything from my OR, but if that's the case..count me out too :(

mrkeys25

Haven't heard anything from my OR, but if that's the case..count me out too :(

I mean. There's always that possibility he's wrong. There is always so much speculation going around, even when things are heard directly from an OR. My guy has been pretty on top and upfront til now, so I trust his word, but...we'll see. He told me he's still submitting my package so the board has the final 'no' to me. He says theres always that '1% chance' something could go different. So just submit and hope for the best i guess..

TheBirdy

pilot
I mean. There's always that possibility he's wrong. There is always so much speculation going around, even when things are heard directly from an OR. My guy has been pretty on top and upfront til now, so I trust his word, but...we'll see. He told me he's still submitting my package so the board has the final 'no' to me. He says theres always that '1% chance' something could go different. So just submit and hope for the best i guess..

Yeah I hear you bro, I'm still submitting too, like you said there's always that slim chance. I'm crossing my fingers, but not getting my hopes up.

jer

Pro-Rec SWO! (11/24/10)
My recruiter was encouraging me to take the PRT pretty soon after my March pro-rec, but I ended up taking it just last week because I got hurt overtraining for it in April (not my recruiters fault, it was mine). It was actually the last thing I did before my FINDOCS were sent in for FS last week. I guess what I'm trying to say is this: I've read things about doing the PRT within 30 days after your pro-rec, but I'm not sure how "firm" that is. But whatever you do, don't do what I did and hurt yourself by trying to run too hard/far/fast right off the bat. It was awful. I promise that if you ease into running, you will see results and you decrease your chances of getting hurt. Good luck to you man!

Thanks for the words. I'll keep that in mind. I could always improve after if I passed right? but if I get shin splints or a hammy pull I'm S.O.L. hehe

But, I'll keep that in mind to take it week by week. Just my only worry is if I will be ready for it!

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
But anyways...

You'll still be considered for DA from what I understand, if within 12 mos. of graduation...however you typically wouldn't be applying BDCP if that were the case, though there are some exceptions to the rule. Best of luck!

mrkeys25

You'll still be considered for DA from what I understand, if within 12 mos. of graduation...however you typically wouldn't be applying BDCP if that were the case, though there are some exceptions to the rule. Best of luck!

I wish. But I'm only a sophomore in college so...

ajalali

pilot
Thanks for the words. I'll keep that in mind. I could always improve after if I passed right? but if I get shin splints or a hammy pull I'm S.O.L. hehe

But, I'll keep that in mind to take it week by week. Just my only worry is if I will be ready for it!

Right on man! When I took mine I was really worried about the run as well, but I ended up finishing a good amount before the cutoff for GL. The body can do many things the mind doesn't think it can, and that includes run 1.5 in 12:00 (speaking from experience.. haha). Good luck jer.

jer

Pro-Rec SWO! (11/24/10)
Right on man! When I took mine I was really worried about the run as well, but I ended up finishing a good amount before the cutoff for GL. The body can do many things the mind doesn't think it can, and that includes run 1.5 in 12:00 (speaking from experience.. haha). Good luck jer.

Awesome!! I just have a quick question, what is considered 'passing' PRT? Good Low? Or can you get Satisfactory? Obviously I am in no way aiming for the minimum, just curious to know what I am up against.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I just got word today that my packet did in fact make it through to the September board. The news has me pretty excited, although from reading all of the most recent posts and stats, it would appear as if the competition is going to be stiff. I've posted my stats on the forum before, but since I'm relatively new to the September scene, I'll throw my stats in now. Good luck to all of you, and I wish you the best.

27/m
Currently enlisted in the Army Reserve as a Staff Sergeant
Applying for BDCP SNA
ASTB: 7/8/8
OAR: 58
ASVAB: 98 (percentile)
GPA: 3.0
Degree: BS Technology Management - Aviation Core with an AS of Airway Science - Professional Pilot
Flight Experience: Commercial Pilot Certificate, working on my Multi Engine rating now

Letters of Recommendation:
-Dean of my college
-My academic advisor, who is a retired Army pilot
-A former commanding officer of mine, a Captain
-My current commanding officer, also a Captain
-Two officer interviews with a Lieutenant Commander and a Commander

james23

Eas7888 did you see the news about BDCP being closed for this fiscal year?
http://nyusn.blogspot.com/2010/08/bdcp-closure.html

Either your recruiter has some bad intel or it's closed for next fiscal year (starts in october) and you got lucky to get in the last month.

Sigh I guess it is true after reading that blog... My recruiter didn't get any intel about the BDCP Closure, I think he still believes my package is still good to go for this September... I shall give him a call. Thanks for putting that up though.