• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
not NFO (decided I don't think I could handle not being in charge anyway)

This comment shows how little you know about NFOs and their job. I would bet any NFO reading this would be happy you are not trying to join their ranks after this statement.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
This comment shows how little you know about NFOs and their job. I would bet any NFO reading this would be happy you are not trying to join their ranks after this statement.

I don't think that's what he meant by the statement. The guy at the controls is ultimately the one responsible for the aircraft. Is the NFO a mission essential member of the mission? YES, but I think you're just taking his comment out of context.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I don't think that's what he meant by the statement. The guy at the controls is ultimately the one responsible for the aircraft. Is the NFO a mission essential member of the mission? YES, but I think you're just taking his comment out of context.

You are correct, however, if you read it as it is written then that is the context in which I took it. The problem with the internet is the internet isn't very personal so you have to read what is written. I don't think he meant anything negative with the statement. I was implying that if someone reading it from the outside looking in would read it in such a manner. I left the reply in the same manner in which he posted his statement. Ambiguity is what happened with his and my statement. Thus, the reasoning for this discussion, however, I meant it for a learning purpose to Mr. Daniel. I hope I don't post something that can be misconstrued from my actual intended response.

Thank God the boards meet soon, we're all getting a little tense in here. ;)

Pretty much this. I would love to fall asleep and wake up about October 7th. Isn't going to happen, so I am trying to avoid thinking about this stuff.

Twobecrazy, you make a solid point. I'll make an effort to phrase things better in the future. I usually start writing something, then realize I will probably never return to the conversation/argument in the future anyway and just stop, but this forum is the exception. I always seem to wander in here on slow days.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Thank God the boards meet soon, we're all getting a little tense in here. ;)

Amen, I'm hoping we get results fairly soon. Most guys have been hearing back before the end of the month. Let's all cross our fingers, pray, sacrifice a goat, whatever you do...maybe it'll make the time go by a little faster.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
Pretty much this. I would love to fall asleep and wake up about October 7th. Isn't going to happen, so I am trying to avoid thinking about this stuff.

Twobecrazy, you make a solid point. I'll make an effort to phrase things better in the future. I usually start writing something, then realize I will probably never return to the conversation/argument in the future anyway and just stop, but this forum is the exception. I always seem to wander in here on slow days.

I've been trying to do that since June, it just wont work haha.

TheBirdy

pilot
SC-NY-88 did you find out if your package made it? I saw you posted that your name wasn't on the list (just like me) so just wondering if there is some hope.

sdgigles

Speaking of any hope....don't know if anyone else has read Malibu's recent posts, but they were a little discouraging. Does anyone have any thoughts on what impact there will be on the September boards?

ajalali

pilot
Speaking of any hope....don't know if anyone else has read Malibu's recent posts, but they were a little discouraging. Does anyone have any thoughts on what impact there will be on the September boards?

I think only time will tell, good luck! Are you out of NRD New England?

Pretty interesting post about the ASTB. I thought this statement was intriguing though: "The ASTB is who you are now, not who you were." I agree with him in that the ASTB has something to say about problem solving skills, but what tangles me up with this statement is that your latest ASTB score A) is the result of (insert # of hours here) studying, and B) doesn't expire. I'm not going to lie, I took the ASTB in the heart of my senior year of college, and if I hadn't studied, there's no way in hell I'd have gotten the score I did. In a sense, my ASTB score wasn't really "me," it was "me after prepping myself." That bein' said, I'm sure there are studs out there that could walk into the test room and do outstanding without studying, but I think it's safe to say that's kind of rare.

Anyways, good luck to everyone that's getting seen! Sorry to those not on the list. Easier said than done, but keep your heads up...October is right around the corner.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
RAVENMkXV, Yes, I just heard from my recruiter I will be reviewed for NFO and SWO, hopefully pilot too, although he did not confirm that. So I would definately check with your OR whether or not you will be looked at. It would appear that even with 'reliable' intel there is always grounds for error. Best of luck, let me know. :D

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
I agree that studying plays a huge role in ASTB scores, I've taken it twice, the first time with little preparation, the second I put my nose to the grind stone so to speak and scored pretty well I think. I will say this, I was in for the April boards and saw guys with lower ASTB scores but a higher GPA than me get pro recs, I also saw guys with same GPA and higher ASTB scores get pro rec'd. I think each board is different. The good news is you can control your ASTB (atleast the 3 chances you get), however for 'super' seniors like myself, GPAs can't be changed that much, so it's nice to think the ASTB means more. Just kick a$$ on eveything and you'll be all set.

WhiskeyTango182

wow, glad to know there is a scanned piece of paper floating on the internet with more info on it than I've heard since July. Names on the list, and I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

22/F SNA
6/7/6 50
3.2 GPA History, University of Florida (Go Gators)
Classics honor society, college band, college republicans, Intramural soccer, IM volleyball, swim team, 13 years soccer, cross country, concealed weapons permit, etc. I don't know if this is relevant for this but everybody's doing it.
PRT: 106 sit ups, 40 push ups, 11:04 1.5 mi