• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sept '15 IDC Board

AFChris

Good luck to you guys as well! I hope they meet as planned and we hear something sooner then later. @AFChris how long is your conditional release good for?
Just looked at my paperwork, eight months put me at 8 Oct 15...looks like I need to get a new one signed pronto! I hope this does not play a negative factor in a possible Pro Rec-Y :eek:

Matthew10

Just looked at my paperwork, eight months put me at 8 Oct 15...looks like I need to get a new one signed pronto! I hope this does not play a negative factor in a possible Pro Rec-Y :eek:

Damn. Yea better get that extension. I got mine till May 2016. So if I don't get it for this board I can still maybe put in for the next or get the SWO position which is my second choice...idk when the next board for that is though. Hopefully pro rec Y for all! Haha

AFChris

@NavyOffRec, @RUFiO181

Do you two have any idea if my DD Form 368, Conditional Release, needs to be well past the board date? It appears that my conditional release expires 8 Oct 15, although I swear I submitted another one (can't check that until I get to work in the AM). Could this attribute to a Pro Rec-N?

Matthew10

@NavyOffRec, @RUFiO181

Do you two have any idea if my DD Form 368, Conditional Release, needs to be well past the board date? It appears that my conditional release expires 8 Oct 15, although I swear I submitted another one (can't check that until I get to work in the AM). Could this attribute to a Pro Rec-N?

I know from my experience my recruiter and processor notified me that I needed mine extended because the members that review the packet said it needed to be later...it was Sep 30 2015. They said I needed it at least 6 months out because I couldn't go to OCS any sooner than that most likely and they needed it ASAP.

AFChris

I was doing some research on the previous IDC board, about 15 days for the selection release and another 2-3 months (for most) for the Final Select letter.

Matthew10

I was doing some research on the previous IDC board, about 15 days for the selection release and another 2-3 months (for most) for the Final Select letter.

That's about the average iv seen as well...if everything goes as planned.

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec, @RUFiO181

as long as it is good by the time the board meets you should be ok, it isn't unusual to need to get a new DD 368

AFChris

as long as it is good by the time the board meets you should be ok, it isn't unusual to need to get a new DD 368

Thanks for the quick reply and insight. I am confident that I have another form submitted as it is very unlike me to let something this important go unnoticed until now.

How can folks find out if the board met? I don't have access to any .mil Navy sites...do we find out when someone says they have been ProY/N? No way to find out sooner?

exNavyOffRec

I would hunt around more, 2-3 months is normal for SWO/SNA/SNFO, IDC is historically longer, quite a few of those picked in the board earlier this year ended up saying they were going to OCS in July or later, some of the small IDC designators only pick a few each year (Oceano, SWO-IP, SWO-IW, IP) so they try and only do selections after numbers are set, so it is easy to send them fairly quick, others are a bit more squishy.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the quick reply and insight. I am confident that I have another form submitted as it is very unlike me to let something this important go unnoticed until now.

How can folks find out if the board met? I don't have access to any .mil Navy sites...do we find out when someone says they have been ProY/N? No way to find out sooner?

It wouldn't be on any site, and you can't, the only way to know is when the results come back, the actually board only takes a few days, typing up the list a few, then NRC verifies info, etc..... but when it starts is up to the senior member, and from experience all NRC will do is spit out that per the schedule it has started, and that has proved many times to not be correct.

Sal189379

@NavyOffRec The NRC bupers POC stated that SWO-IP, SWO-IW accepted age waivers up to age 42, but SWO has a cutoff age of 31. Question: Would it be prudent to put SWO-IW, SWO-IP, Intel or SWO-IW, Intel, IW for example?

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec The NRC bupers POC stated that SWO-IP, SWO-IW accepted age waivers up to age 42, but SWO has a cutoff age of 31. Question: Would it be prudent to put SWO-IW, SWO-IP, Intel or SWO-IW, Intel, IW for example?

SWO option designators have few spots each year, if you are going for designators with the highest number of billets then it would be Intel or IW for 1 and 2 then pick something else as the rest all hover around 5 or 6 spots per year (or less)

AFChris

@NavyOffRec is spot on. Called my OR today, he said people don't get denied for the 368 expiring just after the boad date. The package is considered complete if the date on the 368 is after the board date is all.

On a related note, and much to my happiness, I did in fact submit a new 368! It expires March 2016. Stupid me didn't make a copy like I normally do...