• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sending in the Finished Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

psrogers

Intel Officer
So I've got my transcript, my ASTB, my recommendations are in the hamper, I'm filling out the path to a commission and the ESTB and I've done everything I think short of PRT, which will come soon enough. I'm really excited. Now, when I get all my crap together, do I give it to my recruiter or do I send it in myself, in some big envelope to some far off board, or what? What are the mechanics of sending in the package? Thanks y'all.

bluesmobile

P-3 copilot
pilot
I gave mine to my recruiter, where they double-checked it. They had some kind of checklist, and seemed to put a lot of effort into making sure everything was complete and signed before sending it to the board. They were very picky about making sure everything was right...definitely a sign that the recruiter's office is on the ball.

psrogers

Intel Officer
Also: on the ASTB, what do the PBI and FOBI stand for? I got a 3 and 2 on those sections, which obviously must really suck. Do those numbers matter? I got a 62 OAR, so is that the trump card?

E6286

OCC 191 Select
They are the pilot officer aptitude biography and the flight officer aptitude biography. They are no longer used officially but my recruiter said that they will look at them if you they are deciding between two candidates with similar qualifications. I wouldn't sweat them too much though, especially with a 62 OAR, what were your AFQ, POAR and FOAR?

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
PBI = Pilot Biographical something
FOBI = Flight Officer Biographical something

It's my understanding that the biographical sections are not currently considered. From what I've heard, the Flight Aptitude Ratings (PFAR, FOFAR) are the big ones along with your OAR. 62 is the best score I've heard on here... I wouldn't worry about your test scores if I were you.

psrogers

Intel Officer
Thanks. I guess it was my lucky day.
I got Straight 8's on the AQR, PFAR, FOFAR. I should have answered that I had shopped for a car on my own, and been all state in every high school and college team sport.
How long are ASTB scores good for, because I am going non-flight, thinking that I will take the advice of folks on here and learn how to fly meanwhile, then maybe, maybe, laterally transfer. Who the hell knows what will happen in four years though, huh?

Dave Shutter

ASTB scores are good for life. You can take the test when you're a 19 year old college junior and return to the recruiter's office when you're 34 to finish your app...you wouldn't get Aviation of course.

With a 62 OAR and straight 8's they'll find a place for you. If your PRT score reflects the athletics you said you had, and depending on your GPA, that just about makes you the most competetive applicant I've heard of. If you ultimately want Pilot I'd go for it now! Ask about going through the PRK program. Might be a better investment than all those lift tickets. (I'm just jealous cuz I won't see powder any time soon!) I'm not sure about the actual procedure for an applicant (there's a few experts kicking around here) but I know people who've had it done on their own, then been screened for a pilot slot, and gotten it! Quite a few people actually. Yes you can transfer later...maybe...but there's a lot of extra hoops to go through.

As for your guy's "being on the ball" the checklist gets signed by the OPO once complete and is page one of your app. You don't owe them a round for that one. Best of luck and let us know!

Goliath112

I bought my own car before too, granted I was probably bamboozled out of a few thousand dollars for Scotch Guard treaments. but damn dude you have such high fucking scores that if I were you I'd find a small mistake to add in the application. you know..... to show that you had a little adversity on the way there. for example...."I grew up in a rough neighborhood" or "My dad ran out on my mom when I was 14 and I had to be the "Man" of the house" oh heres a good one "This one time I was at band camp........

man the wait is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.