• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Senate Candidate: Dual qualed as SEAL and Aviator ?

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Its improbable - but its technically possible. One of my IP's during Primary was an enlisted SEAL who commissioned and then became an Aviator. That's backward from what your link mentions, but I'm sure if he was motivated enough he could do it. They aren't "Dual Qualed" though...as the article states he's not in a flight status anymore.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
......I know that anything is possible but this just seems improbable to me. He was a pilot and left flying to become a SEAL. Comments?

I know of several SEAL to Naval Aviator types and personally knew one, he was a year ahead of me at school and I ran into him while he was in API at the Flora-Bama and I heard later he ended up in EP-3s. I remember reading a VFA XO's bio once and he had been a SEAL before becoming an aviator and then there is this guy, former SEAL now Marine F-35 pilot.

I have never heard of someone going the other way, from aviator to SEAL but it is certainly possible. If this guy was not for real someone would have likely brought it up by now especially given his current high profile and the ease of checking.

P.S. He needs to proofread his bio, it ain't E2-C and C2-A.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
He posted in his bio that if he failed BUD/S he'd be done, which sounds legit as I'd imagine you have to put in a lat xfer package for specwar prior to attending. Considering the attrition rate, I could see why not too many pilots try to take a stab at that even if they thought about it.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If this guy was not for real someone would have likely brought it up by now especially given his current high profile and the ease of checking.
Agree with above... if untrue, I can't see how his bio would not have been challenged & disproved by now. One would best have iron-clad proof, before "calling out" an ex-Seal as a poser!:eek:
P.S. He needs to proofread his bio, it ain't E2-C and C2-A.
Do you mean it's supposed to be E-2C and C-2A?
BzB

navy nurse

I can't see how his bio would not have been challenged & disproved by now.

Because the media and the general public are followers and generally believe whatever is fed to them. We have all seen a lot of poser get by with claiming to be more than they are: such as politicians claim to be Medal of Honor winners and have gotten away with it.

Just curious about this guy, I actually like what he stands for - much better than the lib-tard Democrat he is running against.

Renegade One

None
I have been wondering about this since he first launched his campaign. Does anyone know him? I know that anything is possible but this just seems improbable to me. He was a pilot and left flying to become a SEAL. Comments?
Had a good friend who was a RIO (NFO) in my first fleet squadron's "sister squadron" who left VF aviation to become a SEAL…and retired with a whole lot of gold thingies on his uniform.

Don't know this guy, of course, but it sounds entirely legit…except for THIS part: "Gabriel was warned that if he failed to make the cut, he would lose his status as a Navy pilot." See no reason why he wouldn't be able to return to flight status if he didn't pass BUD/S… if he desired to do so.

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
Interesting background. The math is pretty tight...based on current age (47), USNA '87 grad, wings and to first squadron by '89-ish, out by '96 9 yr-ish career, seven post wings). A short time to have flown E-2, C-2 and gone to BUDS AND done a full tour as a SEAL platoon CDR. Definitely no time to have done a tour in E-2 AND C-2, but odder career paths have happened.

Renegade One

None
Absolutely NO STINK intended, but from this link:
http://www.masslive.com/politics/in...eal_massachusetts_senate_gabriel_gomez_t.html

[Begin Extract] Following graduation, he completed flight school, where he ranked in the lower third in flight and academic achievement. He went on to complete additional pilot training, and once he entered active duty, his evaluations improved markedly. He rose from the rank of ensign to lieutenant junior grade to lieutenant, a rank he earned in 1991, and was promoted to lieutenant commander in the Navy Reserve in 1997.
In 1990 and 1991, Gomez was based at the Navy Air Station in Norfolk, Va. According to one evaluation, he was responsible for 23 enlisted personnel. He revived a squadron retail outlet, leading to increased profits for the squadron’s recreation fund. He directed his squadron successfully in a security drill and ran a tight watch team.
Gomez also completed numerous hours of flying time, working to become a carrier transport second pilot, according to one evaluation – though most of the accomplishments listed on his evaluations took place on the ground. [End Extract]

I don't have an E-2/C-2 Community de-coder ring. FRS CQ hurdles?

GroundPounder

http://veriseal.org/about/

If you really want to know, these guys can tell you. They former SEALs that have a data base of every person that has ever completed BUD/s. The website looks a little different than it did, but it seems as if they will still verify someone as the real deal.

I used to go there every month or so to read the cases of guys they had outed. Everything from 20 year old SEAL Commanders, to guys that were a little more subtle. You would be amazed at the amount of well placed people that had actually accomplished something in life that added t SEAL to their resume.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone know "Pappy"?

Navy SEAL turned Hornet test pilot. It can happen...