• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Senate Candidate: Dual qualed as SEAL and Aviator ?

Sheepdip

Contributor
http://veriseal.org/about/

If you really want to know, these guys can tell you. They former SEALs that have a data base of every person that has ever completed BUD/s. The website looks a little different than it did, but it seems as if they will still verify someone as the real deal.

I used to go there every month or so to read the cases of guys they had outed. Everything from 20 year old SEAL Commanders, to guys that were a little more subtle. You would be amazed at the amount of well placed people that had actually accomplished something in life that added t SEAL to their resume.

Reads like a conspiracy theory site.

jtmedli

pilot
On the flip side, if he doesn't win then MA should probably just go ahead and fall off into the ocean. Pretty much a BAMF.

GroundPounder

Reads like a conspiracy theory site.

Yeah, I havent been there in a few years, it has changed. I had to go a few pages in to find the authentication page. I glanced over it, and does seem a bit out there at this point. Since they are the real deal, I won't make fun of them lest I wake up dead. :)

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
My call sign is Pappy, but was not a SEAL or test pilot. I was enlisted EOD and now a Rhino guy. I know of two other F-18 drivers called Pappy and neither one fit that description.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Because the media and the general public are followers and generally believe whatever is fed to them. We have all seen a lot of poser get by with claiming to be more than they are: such as politicians claim to be Medal of Honor winners and have gotten away with it.

Just curious about this guy, I actually like what he stands for - much better than the lib-tard Democrat he is running against.
It's usually agreed that those that recieve the Medal Of Honor are "recipients", as they didn't "win" anything-they earned it.
</pedantic>
As for this guy's bona fides- very impressive.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
On the flip side, if he doesn't win then MA should probably just go ahead and fall off into the ocean. Pretty much a BAMF.

Well, they did elect Elizabeth Warren, who practically ran on a "Scott Brown wants to kill your babies" and "making money is bad" campaign. I'm not kidding. Obama got his "you didn't make that" quote (referring to people who have become wealthy or owned businesses) from Warren.

It was actually funny to watch her political ads because they were so ridiculous, and I remember thinking how could anyone elect someone that off base? But somehow she won.

Also, esteemed as he might be militarily, that doesn't necessarily equate to being good at politics. See Ulysses S. Grant.

HercDriver

pilot
Super Moderator
Well, they did elect Elizabeth Warren, who practically ran on a "Scott Brown wants to kill your babies" and "making money is bad" campaign. I'm not kidding. Obama got his "you didn't make that" quote (referring to people who have become wealthy or owned businesses) from Warren.

Esteemed as he might be militarily, that doesn't necessarily equate to being good at politics. See Ulysses S. Grant.
Apparently her campaign resonated more with the voters than his "She says she's an Indian!" campaign.

As for military service helping in getting elected; we all remember Presidents McGovern, Dole, Gore, Kerry, and McCain, right?

Renegade One

None
As for military service helping in getting elected; we all remember Presidents McGovern, Dole, Gore, Kerry, and McCain, right?
Military service is not an absolute qualifier, that's for sure.

But I DO remember Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Jackson, Harrison, Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce, Buchanan, Lincoln, Johnson, Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Arthur, Harrison, McKinley, TR Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, GHW Bush, and GW Bush. 30 out of 44…if that's a statistic at all. Probably isn't…especially today…when all vets are presumed to have PTSD and maybe worse.

But…historically…it doesn't seem to have been a "negative" either.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Military service is not an absolute qualifier, that's for sure.

But I DO remember Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Jackson, Harrison, Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce, Buchanan, Lincoln, Johnson, Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Arthur, Harrison, McKinley, TR Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, GHW Bush, and GW Bush. 30 out of 44…if that's a statistic at all. Probably isn't…especially today…when all vets are presumed to have PTSD and maybe worse.

But…historically…it doesn't seem to have been a "negative" either.

You are much older than I thought sir! :)

HercDriver

pilot
Super Moderator
Agree-in the past it would be difficult to find a president or presidential candidate (especially post-WWII) that hasn't served. Not so true today...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I don't care about his military service or his politics. According to his bio, he was instrumental in expanding Lululemon and making them a household name. That's good enough for me.

A_mF9oECYAE_vl7.jpg_large.jpg