• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sen. Schumer gas for electric car trade in program?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Or, save the 1/2 trillion dollars we don't have and let the market figure it out. I'm not saying the government shouldn't incentivize things like this, as the effort to do so with solar panels contributed to a significant drop in solar cell prices and efficiency, but this approach seems way over the top.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
I’m a conservative thru and thru. And yes it’s better for the free markets to figure out.?

Just a post for thought.?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Or, save the 1/2 trillion dollars we don't have and let the market figure it out. I'm not saying the government shouldn't incentivize things like this, as the effort to do so with solar panels contributed to a significant drop in solar cell prices and efficiency, but this approach seems way over the top.
Did the government really cause any appreciable increase in solar panel efficiency?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The positive is more and cheaper gas for my 5.0. ?
CxRwfck.gif

HuggyU2

None
Step 1: Make a decent electric car that people want that doesn't cost high five figures properly equipped. Even a Tesla Model 3 is the equivalent of an entry-level BMW.
An instructor I just worked with two weeks has 3 Tesla's... and buying a 4th next year. He rattled off some pretty impressive stats on it, including the low cost of owner if you keep it 5 years or longer.
He's a gear head and amateur auto racer... and is completely sold on Tesla. It was pretty fun to listen to him talk about driving, owning, and racing them. I've never driven one but he's got me convinced to go give it a test drive.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Had the chance to drive one a few years ago, Insanity mode (now Ludicrous mode) is absolutely bonkers. Cool tech but the can’t imagine spending $50k+ on a Model 3 that has a worse interior than a $20k VW...

Pretty interesting take from a Ford engineer:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Eulenspeigel

I-JET
pilot
Friend of mine has a Tesla. The performance is eye watering and the tech is amazing. The interior is noticeably worse then German and high end Japanese brands and the build quality is shocking. Huge panel gaps that remind me of my parents' 2000 Chevy van. That being said Tesla is clearly pushing high manufacturers such as Porsche, BMW and Audi into the electric market which is a win imo.

And I'm with nittany on the mustang name, what were they thinking?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Last edited: