• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SELRES Prior Enlisted Pay After Commissioning

brittany ott

So I've done a lot of research on this for myself and what I've found is that you take your 800 points and divide by 365 to determine how many years you have on the books. So you will be paid as an O1 > 2 years. We do not qualify for O1E until we've reached that 1460 points. I have been in the reserves for over 6 years but only have about 1200 points. I will qualify for O1 > 3 years. Hope this helps.

exNavyOffRec

So I've done a lot of research on this for myself and what I've found is that you take your 800 points and divide by 365 to determine how many years you have on the books. So you will be paid as an O1 > 2 years. We do not qualify for O1E until we've reached that 1460 points. I have been in the reserves for over 6 years but only have about 1200 points. I will qualify for O1 > 3 years. Hope this helps.

There are a few parts to this, it is best to let the people at PSD figure it out since there is time for pay and time for retirement.

BleedGreen

pilot
There are a few parts to this, it is best to let the people at PSD figure it out since there is time for pay and time for retirement.

PSD should know how to do this but at the end of the day its your pay, and every servicemember should take the time to understand what they are eligible for.

At some point in your career your pay, or maybe one of your sailor's pay, is going to get royally screwed up. No one is going to care as much as you do once that happens, and its important to be able to recognize when the mistake.
I went to OCS with 7 years prior SELRES (weekend warrior) service and was paid as an O-1 with over 6 years of service, like you should expect as well...O-1 over X. Fast forward 4 years to when I realized my pay was screwed up and I needed to request a pay adjustment. Long story short, my BAH from single to married was calculated incorrectly and I was shorted 7,000 dollars. At that time PSD was also under the impression I was eligible for O-1E / O-2E pay and insisted I put in for that correction as well. I had to fight with them NOT to do that because I knew it was wrong, I literally had to show them their own publication and then show them my point summary before the light bulb went off for them. If it would've went through I may have got a pay bump but eventually the Navy always gets their money back.

justheretocreep

Oh I definitely agree with you! However, some people have told him that he will get O1E pay and I didn't want him to get his hopes up.

Appreciate the feedback! I'd agree with the points divided by 365 in terms of my pay grade (O1, O1E) in which I would not qualify for O1E however like @BleedGreen said I'm still entitled to my years of service which will be over 6 so I should still get O1 > 6 as should you. Years of service differs from years of active service. The pay scale essentially has 2 things happening at once which is where the confusion comes in for most. They can't take away our years of service but they can dictate how much time within those years actually counts towards active duty. All in all, I think a majority of the people on this thread agree that O1E is not in my future, but O1 > 6 is.

USC6217

I'm going to jump in this real quick because I've heard some things and I honestly don't know how true it is. I've heard from my buddies recruiters (he's prior going back in the Marines) that time in the IRR counts towards your years of pay? Is this true? If so, I'd be an O-1E with 8 years, which seems pretty nuts compared to an O-1E with 5. I wouldn't complain if this was true, but does anyone have any info on it?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm going to jump in this real quick because I've heard some things and I honestly don't know how true it is. I've heard from my buddies recruiters (he's prior going back in the Marines) that time in the IRR counts towards your years of pay? Is this true? If so, I'd be an O-1E with 8 years, which seems pretty nuts compared to an O-1E with 5. I wouldn't complain if this was true, but does anyone have any info on it?

How would that work? Given the cited instruction, the time is calculated by points, as defined as either active duty time or IDTs. You receive neither while in the IRR. While you can receive points, they're not IDT points...and that's assuming your buddies even bothered to do training while IRR.

USC6217

How would that work? Given the cited instruction, the time is calculated by points, as defined as either active duty time or IDTs. You receive neither while in the IRR. While you can receive points, they're not IDT points...and that's assuming your buddies even bothered to do training while IRR.

I have no idea how it would work, it makes no sense to me. He's just been told it on multiple occasions and passed what he heard to me. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask and see if anyone else with much more experience then I would have more gouge on the subject. Appreciate the reply.