• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

selection

cadet101

I have a friend who just got done selecting in the Air Force and said there were 3 jet drops for his class of 30 studs. Was curious if this was similar in the Navy? I know a lot of it is "needs of the service", but I was just wondering on average.

Malice 1

pilot
I'm selecting next week. My and my buddies have noticed that now is not the best time to be going through primary if you want jets. There aren't a whole lotta slots at the moment.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
I think something like 80% of navy guys have been getting helo's lately. There were no jet selections from my squadron last week.

That's crazy...
At least you've got a week to think it over,
what do you think you're going to do? Better start praying for washouts :icon_tong

Rothman

pilot
2 weeks ago 100% of Marines in CNATRA got jets..... there were only two of us. It's seems like two jet spots a week has been the average for Marines lately. Last week there were three, and two of them went to NFO retreads in Corpus. Good luck Malice 1, put K-rock first!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I have a friend who just got done selecting in the Air Force and said there were 3 jet drops for his class of 30 studs. Was curious if this was similar to the navy? I know a lot of it is need of the the service, but I was just wondering on average.

Don't even worry about it......ever. Seriously.

The past few weeks hammered home the point that your score doesn't really matter, except for the jet minimums, and the Navy has it's own view on things. Not trying to sound sarcastic but that's just the way it happens, the Navy has spots that need to be filled at certain times. Just do the best that you can and put what you want and hope the black magic that is the NSS and the selection gods work in your favor. I had buddies who had pretty good grades and got sent to pipelines not even on their selection card, or their third choice.

Just be happy you'll be flying instead of a SWO! :icon_tong

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
"Hope for the best, plan for the worst."

Thats what I was told. Its kind of tough knowing that selection is probably more reliant on when you select vs. how well you do. But if you are a jets-jets-jets guy, there is the cutoff.

Bottom line? There isn't one. Good luck, but be ready for anything. I knew people who were (I think) clinically depressed after selection. Don't be that guy...or at least don't let your new squadron mates know.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
A dude I know had a 78 NSS and wasnt even the top guy his selecting week...his entire class got helo's...two weeks later the entire class got jets...my nose bleeds if I think too much about selecting and NSS...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm selecting next week. My and my buddies have noticed that now is not the best time to be going through primary if you want jets. There aren't a whole lotta slots at the moment.

So I take it you didn't get your last night VNAV out? What's a little thunder and lightning...

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Hey waiting around one more week just gives those rock stars that came through a while ago to drop off the back end of the curve...