• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selected for Supply/OCS Class Dates

justmeryan@yahoo.com

When you receive your final selection you will get your tentative OCS date. Then within a few days you "swear in". It is just a ceremony where you affirm your allegiance to the Navy and the US, basically. Regular "repeat after me" routine. Your recruiter will likely do this for you, assuming he is an officer. At that point you are officially government property, and if you are BDCP, you start your time in, get pay and benefits etc. as of that date.

justmeryan@yahoo.com

yvetter78 said:
Does anybody know if they are accepting BDCP applicants for 2007 slos? And what are they looking for in a candidate right now?

The only way you could get in BDCP FY07 is if you have a technical major like engineering. BDCP max is 2 years except for technical major and then it is three.

yvetter78

made4navy said:
The only way you could get in BDCP FY07 is if you have a technical major like engineering. BDCP max is 2 years except for technical major and then it is three.

I was really just asking a general question as to what was going on in the supply community. And what I really wanted to know was what they are looking for in particular.

Thanks

BigSkyGuy

ENS, SC, USNR
Yvetter78,

Try this link: Supply Corp

I can't give you any information in terms of the BDCP program .... maybe PM made4navy as I know he is in the BDCP progarm, supply corp community.

BSG

yvetter78

BigSkyGuy said:
Yvetter78,

Try this link: Supply Corp

I can't give you any information in terms of the BDCP program .... maybe PM made4navy as I know he is in the BDCP progarm, supply corp community.

BSG

Thanks for the info, I'll PM him and see what he has to say!!

Yvetter78 :icon_mi_1

BigSkyGuy

ENS, SC, USNR
Was told this morning I have been selected for the July 17, 2004 class. I sumbitted ADVDOCS 1st week of March, pro-rec'd April 14th. Final Selection Notification May 20th. Technically it was May 17th, but I didn't know until today (May 20) that it was July 17th.

I am jacked!

justmeryan@yahoo.com

bsg-
great news!
you sent you findocs in after me and i still haven't heard...but i was waiting on a lasik waiver, so I am sure that slowed things down...

BigSkyGuy

ENS, SC, USNR
Navy,

Yeah, I'm sure that will slow your docs down quite a bit. I didn't need any waivers like that or anything. Once it gets past the medical review things fly by really fast! You'll hear soon though!

BSG

kirk808

Still waiting on a Pro Rec

I submitted my application for OCS (supply corps) back on March 22. I got a call in April from MEPS asking me to clear up my dates of prior service in Active Duty and Reserve. After I cleared that up I havent heard anything. I have asked my recruiter if he has any news but he doesnt have any answers other than wait a few weeks. This is very frustrating. Can anyone tell me if there is a website or contact that is able to provide me with information. :(

BigSkyGuy

ENS, SC, USNR
kirk,

I can't say for sure, but I highly suspect that your recruiter could make some phone calls and find out where your package is. You, on the other hand, can't do much other than communicate with the recruiter. Good luck.

BSG

justmeryan@yahoo.com

Well...I heard this afternoon...NPQ. Unbelieveable. They actually NPQ'd me due to my LASIK!!
For what it is worth my distict is going to send a waiver request override to BUMED to try and override the decision made by CNRC, but I had a very strong package. If they were really looking at the "whole person" I don't see how LASIK would have gotten me NPQ'd.
Plus, there are 161 slots for FY05 Supply. Right now only 35 have been filled, and that means there are 90 some slots open, so I just don't get it.
They said 30-60 days to hear from BUMED. We will see....

destsup

This may be off the subject but while i was talking with my brother, who his prior enlisted navy, he posed the question: Can your designator be changed to fit the needs of the navy while you are at ocs? Just curious because I thought after you were final selected for a ceratin designator that is where you would be unless you applied for a latteral transfer.