• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Seeking advice on that first handgun or next weapon purchase? Ask AW!

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
you really think so? I'll agree that the ergonomics are way better, but i don't know about reliability. I've heard from several XD owners that they've had issues with the firing pin malfunctioning etc.

I've heard about this happening once, but I didnt personally know the guy. I've put about 800 rounds through mine so far, using a variety of ammo. Not a single problem so far. I wish .45 was cheaper so that I could be reporting that I put a lot more rounds through...

Id definately go with a 9mm for your first gun, they are alot cheaper to shoot that the higher calibers.

Personally im looking at either an Xd9 or a glock 19. Im going to have whichever for a while so the ~$75 difference isnt much of a factor.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Buy a 6.8 SPC upper for your AR. That and a few mags. It's not a cheap plinking round but you have 5.56 for that.

I love my 6.8's. All 3 of them. (16" Lite Weight, 16" Med Weight and 18")

And you can put down wild boars with one shot kills if need be :D

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Superior Pawn and Gun (near Town Center) has XDs and Sigs for sale. I recommend their range as well- not the nicest one out there, but they won't treat you like an idiot. I think the dudes at A & P on Lynnhaven are assholes, and their sh!t is overpriced. They do have some nice guns there though.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
Superior Pawn and Gun (near Town Center) has XDs and Sigs for sale. I recommend their range as well- not the nicest one out there, but they won't treat you like an idiot. I think the dudes at A & P on Lynnhaven are assholes, and their sh!t is overpriced. They do have some nice guns there though.

+1 for A&P being assholes! You taken their Range Safety Quiz? They really piss me off.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...Hunting Rifle. In 30-06...
You might want to consider a Winchester pre-64 Model 70 ... "the Rifleman's Rifle" ... primo examples in .30-06 can be had for $1000- $1500.

A merging of a classic rifle w/ modern functionality.

817-821.jpg
CarlosHathcock.jpg
... this guy seemed to like it. :)

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Today is MY birthday! How coincidental that I am buying a gun as well....

Only I know what I'm getting...a Marlin 30-30.

(It's perfect for small girls like me!)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
And you can put down wild boars with one shot kills if need be :D

Yup and one of them didn't even squeal.

I do agree that MB should consider an M1A and or Garand first if he's looking for another long gun.

He needs to a couple of US wooden rifles to go with his Brit Enfields, ChiCom SKs and Nagats.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Taurus was already addressed in another thread as being crap.

I could be wrong but my guess is that MB wouldn't be in the market for a Taurus unless 98% of the other gun manufactures had gone out of business.

MasterBates

Actually, a compact 1911 style gun has been on my list.

Right now, I'm looking at a SIG, a compact 1991 or anything "evil" that strikes my fancy.

Oh, the Marine Exchange on Camp Allen does FFL transfers for $15.