• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Security Clearance Interview

Duc'-guy25

pilot
It's normal and pretty much at random sometimes. I didn't get interviewed for my first clearance, then did for my second even though almost nothing had changed. They'll probably just go over your E-QIPS paperwork with you, nothing to sweat, just don't hide anything.

azguy

None
It's normal and pretty much at random sometimes. I didn't get interviewed for my first clearance, then did for my second even though almost nothing had changed.

Wrong. There are several levels of clearance and that will likely play most heavily into whether you and your contacts are interviewed. It's not a random process. Depending on what access you require, there will be multiple levels of scrutiny- some apparent and some transparent to you- that are levied by OPM and adjudicated by DONCAF, to determine your suitability for access to classified information.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
In my group the only guys who get interviewed are the ones who write stuff like, drink 12 beers every day, performed strategic default on mortgage, interaction with foreign nationals other issues requiring additional info. Trigger in those cases is the need for clarification. I had an exchange student from China last year and was a bit worried, consulted my security manager prior to doing it. E-QIP (or whatever the new name is) has a section just for exchange students, but it required me to get a bunch of info from my student.

To answer the OP question...The one guy I work with who is married to a naturalized citizen gets interviewed regularly. Don't sweat it, be honest

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Just got a call from an investigator today and scheduled me to be interviewed for a security clearance in 2 weeks. She told me that it lasts between 2 to 3 hours.

is this normal? Recruiter didnt mention anything about being interviewed in person.
If you feel like reassuring yourself and wasting some time read through this you'll see what it takes to not get a secret clearance...http://www.dod.gov/dodgc/doha/industrial/2014.html

It's is pretty hard to not get secret...everyone has their story I'm sure but you're fine and it's like this for everyone.