• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Security Clearance Interview

jakejake527

Just got a call from an investigator today and scheduled me to be interviewed for a security clearance in 2 weeks. She told me that it lasts between 2 to 3 hours.

is this normal? Recruiter didnt mention anything about being interviewed in person.

Que3n

pilot
I had to go through the background investigator interview process a few months ago. Recruiter said that it is somewhat rare but it's nothing to be concerned about. It did take 2-3 hours and we went through the SF-86 form line by line, just be truthful and it is not a problem at all.

Last edited:

jakejake527

I had to go through the background investigator interview process a few months ago. Recruiter said that it is somewhat rare but it's nothing to be concerned about. It did take 2-3 hours and we went through the SF-86 from line by line, just be truthful and it is not a problem at all.

how long after the interview did it take to get the clearance? did it extend the amount of time you had to wait for a final selection letter or OCS date?

Que3n

pilot
I'm still waiting for a FS letter although my circumstances were such that I was not available to ship until after Dec. 1st. I am not too worried as it seems they are working through the dates in chronological order. Also, I have read that you can receive orders and ship without having your clearance.

LET73

is my OCS date/finsel letter going to be delayed due to the security clearance interview?
Doubt it. I had mine before OCS, but didn't get my interim or final clearance until well after commissioning. If there's nothing in your background to worry about--e.g., massive red flags like drug/alcohol abuse, outstanding debt that you're not paying off, suspicious foreign contacts, etc.--you will probably be fine.

jakejake527

thanks for the support guys

I wonder why they decided to interview me?

Is it common to be interviewed in person for naturalized citizens?

azguy

None
thanks for the support guys

Is it common to be interviewed in person for naturalized citizens?

Depending on your clearance level, it's very common to be interviewed. Not at all surprising that they would talk to a newly naturalized citizen. As others have stated here, the clearance process can be long and stupid and for that reason it won't hold up the rest of your stuff.

Congrats on your citizenship and selection to OCS.

exNavyOffRec

Just got a call from an investigator today and scheduled me to be interviewed for a security clearance in 2 weeks. She told me that it lasts between 2 to 3 hours.

is this normal? Recruiter didnt mention anything about being interviewed in person.

I think she means 2-3 hours per session..........

just kidding.

Ventilee

pilot
Contributor

I'm gonna throw out a wild-assed guess and say they're interviewing you because you spent the first ten years of your life in the Philippines and probably still have family/contacts there.

But I've been wrong before, once.

Navyflyer00

Only 15 miles to run until retirement
pilot
My wife is Australian and now a naturalized US citizen. I get the 3rd degree on every clearance submission. Two factors, they are just giving your case due diligence and the fact that you have family in the PIs will be considered. The best quote from my last interview was discussing the amount of time I spend with or talking to my in-laws. I said, "they're my in-laws. I talk to them as little as possible." That seemed to work.