• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SECNAV Criticizes 'Blueberries'

Lawman

None
My favorite part was the hardcore Gunnys who bemoaned the change in uniform to one that was less maintenance-intensive (i.e. no starching/ironing/boot-shining) because they'd no longer be able to tell who the "true professionals" were.:confused:
:D

Agreed.

Who do we send to the E5 board...

Well Spc Smith always looks professional in his starched iron uniform and shiny boots. And he can do 20 pull-ups!

Meanwhile, Spc Broadwell doesn't get to spend all night ironing his uniform because he stayed late to get two extra aircraft PMD'd and fix the red X's on the board....

You could never defend our promotional model in the civilian world.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Agreed.

Who do we send to the E5 board...

Well Spc Smith always looks professional in his starched iron uniform and shiny boots. And he can do 20 pull-ups!

Meanwhile, Spc Broadwell doesn't get to spend all night ironing his uniform because he stayed late to get two extra aircraft PMD'd and fix the red X's on the board....

You could never defend our promotional model in the civilian world.

http://terminallance.com/2012/07/26/terminal-lance-214-meritorious/

This is about right.

I try to keep it real at pro/con time. What I see though is that most of the best workers are also usually the most squared away. There are exceptions, and I also sometimes catch myself in a "Harding Error" but not that often.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
There are plenty of flaws with it, which mostly arise from disagreements about what ought to be important factors in one's advancement, but the fact that the military tracks performance at all is a step above a lot of companies. So it could be worse...the military could just hire a flag off the street because he 'has a lot of great ideas' and they wanted a 'fresh perspective' to management. Your 24 years of dedication and loyalty? Yea, I'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday...

lumberg-office-space_320.jpg