• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SEALs on Trial?

m26

Contributor
I think the issue is not over a slap or punch to the face but rather the accusation that some of the SEALs provided false statements and impeded the investigation of the matter. That's a big "no-no" no matter what you actually did big or small.

The "Martha Stewart Rule" of military justice?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The fact that we are about to spend a significant amount of money prosecuting service members for doing their jobs due to what "appears" to be a minor injury- speaks volumes.

Unacceptable on a couple of levels.

Our troops deserve better.

Concur. Probably some douche bag at CENTCOM trying to to play CYA.

Brett

MPH

The story, as written, sounds outrageous. However, there might be a lot more to it than what Fox News published so far. It's not like they're a biased news agency or anything.

Biased toward who? Are they biased towards George Bush??? Republicans??? I wasn't aware that the SEAL teams were a right wing political organization worthy of being protected by the vast conspiracy.

Bash away at Fox News for all I care, but it's getting a little old and its certainly not relevant in this case.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Let's play...

290007732_1.jpg

Who wants to go first?!

Reactions: m26

jtmedli

pilot
Let's play...

290007732_1.jpg

Who wants to go first?!

I understand what you're getting at here, but the organized the killing of 4 American Security Agents and is still alive and really not all that hurt. He has a lot less to bitch about than his buddies who have met the SEALs.

Funny how these terrorists hate American Ways until it's time for a trial over here and then they're complaining of not having any rights or being treated harshly.

bptaylor10

^^ Couldn't agree more.

Let the SEALs do what they do without having to worry about legal rammifications, a la Lone Survivor.

A.V.8.R.1990

Ok, so the mastermind of this....

The four Blackwater agents were transporting supplies for a catering company when they were ambushed and killed by gunfire and grenades. Insurgents burned the bodies and dragged them through the city. They hanged two of the bodies on a bridge over the Euphrates River for the world press to photograph...

is getting treated like this? I'd have a hard time not torturing the hell out of this guy if I captured him. GO SEALs. Hooyah! Hopefully this all turns out well for these guys...

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
This tells us something about the mindset at the top of our military today, but, unfortunately, it says more about the Army. This is the same service that looked the other way while Maj. Hasan was talking like an islamic idiot for several years before he finally went ballistic. They must really be scared of something, and it would be hard to make the case that it all started w/ the current administration. OH, and BZ/gutsy move by the Seals to insist on a courts martial proceeding rather than taking NJP for something they didn't deserve. Just my $0.02.

JonDW7

WTF. The SEALs captured a HVT, a guy who kill any of us in a heartbeat, and we are now second guessing the way that the SEALs took him down? With the mess that this is creating, I am a little sad that our boys brought this scumbag back alive.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Pending the outcome of the Court Martial we can hope that the result of all this is that more terrorist leaders start turning up in body bags instead of alive to complain and stand trial. Dead men tell no tales.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The tough part about this is that Fox News is giving it international media coverage. All the next hadji has to do is read this article and follow suit with his comrade. Why kill SEALs/soldiers/Marines when you can take 'em out of action with an investigation? This is all another way for hadji to use public opinion and the American media against our forces.

Clux4

Banned
I am waiting for the Navy Times edition of this story to come out, hopefully it will clear some things. :)

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I am waiting for the Navy Times edition of this story to come out, hopefully it will clear some things. :)
Like how the outcome of this court-martial could jeopardize your liberty.

DETAILS INSIDE!!!