• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Seahawks Sink Houthi Boats

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
HS and HSL were shooting from the helos pre-OIF for SOF support (and at an oil platform by HS during DS). OIF killed the embargo, so ops slowed there. HSM was employing snipers against the Houthis in the late teens, but I'm not educated enough to know if they expended any rounds. As IBB said, someone got some shots off near Somalia.

For more wild-west type shoots, HSL and later HSC (and maybe HSM...I'm not sure as assets dried up down there) have been shooting at dudes down south from the mid-2000's. My last shoot was 2009, but my buddy who relieved me in 2010 had at least another one then. Obviously it's a much different threat environment down there than off of Yemen.

Random8145

Everything WC is so incredibly frustrating.. As a further point, a good friend of mine toiled for several years to publish a great book highlighting Naval Aviation. Because his book was created in partnership with the Navy he had to have DoD licensing and approval; part of the stated reason this occurs is to protect the “brand of Naval Aviation”. Anyway anything I see Ward seemingly make up another set of dEEp iNTeL it’s intensely frustrating his for-profit silliness is not held to the same standard. Anyway back to our scheduled programming - well done helo bubbas!!
Slight sidenote, but on that, remember back in 2011 when right after bin Laden was killed, Walt Disney Corporation tried to trademark "SEAL Team 6"?:)