• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sea Daddy Program

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Concur. There's no slack in Attack............but there's not much slack anywhere else in Naval Aviation either.

Except for chopper dudes.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Now, if you were to offer up just some random, non-ROTC-affiliated, college hotties that need a Naval Aviator to correspond with, I might be willing to sacrifice AW for that.

Pictures first, though.:eyebrows_

I'm sure I could find some Riddle chicks for you to correspond with...

No..?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flammable is not a proper word. It was created to "save [the] lives" of dumb people who misunderstood the meaning of "inflammable". Personally, I think people who think "inflammable" means "nonflammable" should be burned alive. It just seems fitting.....

Just for you bogey, a picture from Djibouti...

Attachments

• P1120006.JPG
    P1120006.JPG
    620.1 KB · Views: 71
  • P1120007.JPG
    P1120007.JPG
    634.5 KB · Views: 57

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome aboard, shipmate. May this be the last time you publicly step on your crank with golf shoes.

(Hint: it probably won't be...)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ATTN: All Motivating Naval Officers,

Hello! I am MIDN 1/C Glasco at the University of Mississippi and I am starting a pen pal type program for the underclass MIDN here at my unit. They are interested in e-mailing back and forth with a Naval Officer in the field of their interest. These would be Junior Officers in fields they rarely get the chance to speak with. If this interests you at all, you can message me and I will give them your contact information.

During my summer cruise last year I was given the contact information of a CMDR that I have been keeping in touch with since. He's helped me understand a lot of things and we get along very well. I think this could benefit more people, I mean isn't this what the Navy's all about? A JAG Officer told me last summer that the Navy is about helping people, if you're not into that then you need to move along. Besides, you've all been in their shoes at one point. This is your chance to help them along in ways that someone either did or didn't help you.

I have MIDN interested in the following areas:

Aviation - Jets, Helo's, E2/C2
Navy Divers, Spec OPS, EOD, SWIC
Medical School Options (not nurse)

Thanks and have a great Navy day!

Respectfully,
MIDN 1/C Glasco

Getting back to MIDN Glasco's idea and request.....AW was created to do what he is describing yet share the knowledge with all who seek a path in the Naval Service(s). It's highly likely any questions asked are going to be asked again so it strikes me as redundant and suboptimized to advocate setting up a sea daddy program that only provides counsel of one individual when you can get the collective wisdon of the forum while experiencing the ribald humor and rock-tumbling effect of a "virtual Ready Room". We now even have a "Stupid Questions" thread that gives the poster immunity from backblast. AW is a rich resource and even has Flashchat for nightly Q&A and PM feature for anyone to reach out and ask quesions in private.

Why not tell the Midshipmen to register on AW and establish themselves on the forum with a few posts sprinkled with questions? They can then see who answers and get their "Sea Daddy" while helping those who come behind them and reap benefit of a host of expertise. As Midshipmen, they should already be exhibiting initiative and this approach would put them into an active role vice having all the work done for them.

PS - Do you mean SWCC (vice SWIC?)

BackOrdered

Contributor
To echo what heyjoe said, between sailorbob.com, warchop.org, and AW, you can pretty much get any question you want answered electronically. If you want to be proactive, I recently spoke with my OPO about setting up something similar for myself with the a Supply department on base. The DH and his staff were really receptive and now I have something of a network to visit and ask questions directly. Yet another thing I wish I did sooner.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Ya....both of em. And to quote Robin Williams, "[They've] been down on everything but the Titanic".

No thanks...
I believe he was offering up college hotties to Naval Aviators, not Studs.

If they're at Riddle, they're probably as well versed on the distinction as the night check at Sammy's.:D

.......man, I miss the day into night transition at the "Gym".......

hey look, a unicorn.