• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sea Daddy Program

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
But I thought we were really here to kill people and win wars? I must have joined the wrong military. Oh wait, is that not PC to say this week? Riiiight. It is on to "Helping People." I will go ahead and slap my own wrist.

For DD: Your tone might be an attempt for super-moto, but it is coming off as a super sleezy sales pitch. I don't know if you are looking for help, being an arrogant turd, or just trying to sell me a car from New Orleans that smells a little funny, but has NO hurricane damage, you swear.

How the fuck does a 1/C still not know to end emails to superiors with V/R?

Wow, thats a big "who cares." This is still the internet, right? Where's that damned yawn icon when you need it. Whats next, calling everyone here "sir?" Don't hold your breath. :D

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
There is more than enough information on AW for the average mid. Additionally, most AW members are extremely helpful in answering questions not previously addressed, provided the questions are asked respectfully.

This thread is in a 4-G negative dive.

phrogpilot73

There is more than enough information on AW for the average mid. Additionally, most AW members are extremely helpful in answering questions not previously addressed, provided the questions are asked respectfully.

This thread is in a 4-G negative dive.
Agreed. His request is out there, and members are more than welcome to contact him if they're interested. No need to dogpile.

Crowbar

None
A JAG Officer told me last summer that the Navy is about helping people, if you're not into that then you need to move along.

I think this is the line everybody has a problem with, right? The first time I read it, this is what I saw:

A JAG Officer said:
the Navy is about helping people, if you're not into that then you need to move along.

and what it sounds like most of you are seeing is:

MIDN 1/C Glasco said:
you need to move along or I will fart in your general direction.

I'm not sure which it is, but before everybody deep fries the guy, why don't we let him explain? I can't say I'd ever try to facilitate a "pen pal" program for college students, but I don't mind exchanging PMs here when people have questions. In fact, one of the older AirWarriors spent a good deal of time telling me about the Prowler world while I was in training. Maybe DD should just tell everybody about the site? That way we would get a whole new set of members asking the same old questions to distract people from this thread.

EDIT: Oh. I see the thread is closed now. Guess I should have typed faster.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....I think this could benefit more people, I mean isn't this what the Navy's all about? A JAG Officer told me last summer that the Navy is about helping people, if you're not into that then you need to move along.....
MIDN 1/C Glasco
Gee, MIDN 1/C Glasco ... I guess I need to move along.

Thanks for helping me out the door.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Well to be fair I do believe that the Navy/Marine Corps Team has helped an aweful lot of people get thier fair share of virgins and/or virginians...

BigRed389

None
Wow, thats a big "who cares." This is still the internet, right? Where's that damned yawn icon when you need it. Whats next, calling everyone here "sir?" Don't hold your breath. :D

Thing is, he ended with a /R.

So either he thinks JOs don't rate a V/R, or the ROTC unit hasn't taught him how to do it right in 4 years.

Sure, not necessary over the Internet, but if you're going to "try", you should try to be right.

But that's just my take, sir. ;)

DoubleDuce

pilot
I'm sorry for the miscommunication, its the first time I've posted a thread on here and I wasn't sure how formal or informal to write my request. I also wasn't sure what kind of response I would get, and if I would get enough interested parties.

I apologize for offending anyone or coming off to strong, that wasn't what I was trying to do at all. I'm finding out quickly how the aviation side of the Navy is going to be different from all the SWO's I've been dealing with for so long. Sorry again guys and take it easy!

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I'm not too sure where I would find the time to be a pen pal w/ a Midn - that would seriously burn into my AW time.

Now, if you were to offer up just some random, non-ROTC-affiliated, college hotties that need a Naval Aviator to correspond with, I might be willing to sacrifice AW for that.

Pictures first, though.:eyebrows_

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm sorry for the miscommunication....I apologize for offending anyone or coming off to strong,....I'm finding out quickly how the aviation side of the Navy is going to be different from all the SWO's I've been dealing with for so long. Sorry again guys and take it easy!
That's O.K., Junior. Good headwork on the apology; I speak only for myself, but I am certain I can say a collective "you're forgiven".:)

Welcome to the world of Naval Aviation. :D

Remember: There's no crying in baseball; and there's no slack in Attack. (light, medium, OR heavy)