• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Screaming Yentas Q

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
I assume that the old rule still stands, if you puke, YOU clean it out of the aircraft yourself?
It did at Vance and at NAS CC. I assume it does here at JAX, but if you can't get your ass up, find a bag, and puke in it, then you deserve to have to clean up that nasty P3.
:)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If the patches are getting a little nasty, I sometimes leave the patches on the flight suit for one cleaning session. I de-patch & empty the pockets before throwing it in the laundry.

-ea6bflyr ;)

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Versus the short bus that flying from ship to ship? :sleep_125

Isn't that a part of NAVAL Aviation? Flying from ships? ;)

Besides, you'll never see or hear someone in the helo community referring to their OWN aircraft as a bus.

exhelodrvr

pilot
I figured an unwashed flight suit and skullcap would make for great shark repellent; but after wearing my "bag" home once after a night flight, my wife said she would rather I take my chances with the sharks.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
THAT JUST HAPPENED... you got schooled by a spouse. I LOVE it... :)

It was NOT schooling...it was a deflective tactic in the hopes that discussion of her husband's inability to keep his lunch down AND his calling his OWN aircraft (and yours too, no?) a bus would not continue. ;)

I understand the VP Family (Mafia) protectionism going on here, BTW. Your airplanes are broken and you have to take it out on somebody...:eek:

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
It was NOT schooling...it was a deflective tactic in the hopes that discussion of her husband's inability to keep his lunch down AND his calling his OWN aircraft (and yours too, no?) a bus would not continue. ;)

I understand the VP Family (Mafia) protectionism going on here, BTW. Your airplanes are broken and you have to take it out on somebody...:eek:
Oh Bubba- you're just bitter that your ass is in a helo, instead of the "Mighty P3 Orion."

and... why yes, yes it is a mafia. you now know too much... you will be punished...
;)

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Husband gets handed all flight suits before they are washed so that he can check the pockets and de-patch.

They never smell of vomit, but every once in a while I catch a whiff of SWTI shame. That doesn't wash out.

exhelodrvr

pilot
Rocks with rotors? I guess that's better than rocks at rota.

(Sure it's out-of-date, but still hilarious.)

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Oh Bubba- you're just bitter that your ass is in a helo, instead of the "Mighty P3 Orion."

Bitter? Yes. But because my ass is NOT in a helo (it is not in any aircraft for that matter).

And while we may be "Rocks with Rotors" we are still flying from the decks of SHIPS in the NAVY. NOT the 10,000 foot concrete runways that VP-types and USAF pogues find comforting...;)