• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Screaming Yentas Q

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
Propwife being an overachiever made me (finally) step away from the computer for a bit and start some laundry and dishes (it's also nap-time around here). I start the laundry, and sort the rest.

It was then I notice it... The dirty flight suit... It reeks of vomit, hydraulic fluid and general "toob-slug-ness." It still has everything in the pockets and the patches on it.

My question to you all is:
Do you clean off your flight suit before chucking it in the laundry?

It's irritating as hell to be doing laundry with the little Pickles being insane, and having to clean out all those damn pockets. There are more pockets in that thing than the guy who sells watches out of his trench coat at WalMart off Normandy...

Oh, and I want to hear from those of you who have been married or are currently married. Unless you are your own mother, I don't care how she did it.

Yeah, I know it's minor, in the grand scheme of things, but I'm unleashing my inner Yenta a little today.

As Pickle would say...
That is all.

KBayDog

My question to you all is:
Do you clean off your flight suit before chucking it in the laundry?

Absolutely.*

I also clean my dishes before washing them, clean my teeth before brushing them, clean my car before washing it, and clean my body before I hop in the shower.

*Note: My flight suit reeks neither of vomit or tube-slug-ness, but normally has a nice layer of Phrog blood on it.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
clarification:
Do any of you clean off (i.e. de-patch, clean out pockets, etc) your flightsuits, before throwing them in the laundry for someone else (i.e. your wife, fiancee, etc) to wash?
Or... do you leave it for them to do?

helo_wifey

The husband usually depatches and cleans it out before throwing it in the hamper. He changes his patches on a semi-regular basis and all the other stuff in the pockets he takes with him when he goes out in regular clothes (wallet, keys, etc) so cleaning out the pockets is a normal thing for him.

Belle

two babies make a mama insane
Hubby de-patches, and probably checks his pockets too, but I double check because I'm the one that has to deal with the mess if something that shouldn't go into the washer/dryer ends up in there.

My husband doesn't generally vomit on his flight suit though, so I don't know how to help you out there.