• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scariest Day/Night Flying

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I'd argue they could have just pulled out their NATOPS and not have had to worry about the spaghetti soup that is the P sub S diagram.

No doubt, but I thought the argument was teaching basic helo aero because there is no way there weren't warning signs as they passed through translational lift prior to them bouncing of the lake.

Which doesn't change the fact that RLSO's suggestion would have worked also.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No doubt, but I thought the argument was teaching basic helo aero because there is no way there weren't warning signs as they passed through translational lift prior to them bouncing of the lake.

Which doesn't change the fact that RLSO's suggestion would have worked also.

I see what you're saying. I wonder if the class is more of that kind of stuff. I remember the book being mostly about rotor flow and not a whole lot on LTE/LTA. As much as I loathed ASO school, I really hadn't had a decent breakdown of that stuff (LTA/LTE) until then and that part was a good review. I think that might have been the only plus of helo aero in that course.