• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scariest Day/Night Flying

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
There needs to be a Phrog v. Phrog dogfight.

I'm sure in all this time it's been done by some enterprising Captains (who are now Generals and would crush anybody who did it today).

I'd pay to see that.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Basic aerodynamics is taught at WTI?

For Navy they teach some advanced aero in addition to Ps. Not sure about the green side, but we do also get some Air to Air stuff. Helo v helo and helo v jet. Probably the most fun I've had in a -60 was going 2v2 against some Air Force -60G's.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
For Navy they teach some advanced aero in addition to Ps. Not sure about the green side, but we do also get some Air to Air stuff. Helo v helo and helo v jet. Probably the most fun I've had in a -60 was going 2v2 against some Air Force -60G's.

I believe that with some vertical terrain and ingenuity, that could be turned into a giant game of capture the flag...If only the guns could shoot paint rounds, the Mojave could be the bigget speedball field on the planet.

phrogpilot73

There needs to be a Phrog v. Phrog dogfight.

I'm sure in all this time it's been done by some enterprising Captains (who are now Generals and would crush anybody who did it today).

I'd pay to see that.
I'm certain as well that it's been done. I think that a Phrog won. And I'd agree with you that those Generals would crush us today. Then again, since there are so few of us left, they'd probably now use it as an example of why they need the Osprey, and why we're so old and tired. It's all politics.

We did Rotary Wing and Fixed Wing DM. I went up against an F-5 from VMFT-401, and a Hind. Yes. A Hind. In all the different line numbers, I got the learning points - about how to win. In the freeplay line number, I learned that I'm going to lose if they see me.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
During Desert Rescue X?, we did a 1 vs 3... the 1 being the HH-60 I was in, and the 3 being A-10's. They wanted to see if they could get a lock on us when we were close to the dry lake bed with their Maverick missiles. They could... but, it was fun trying to throw the fat 60 around the sky in an attempt to prevent this. My memory might be fading, but I remember rolling out after one spirited round of turns only to be face to face with the A-10's muzzle coming right at us.

summarized:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Lake Tahoe guys might have benefitted.

Just saying...

I'd argue they could have just pulled out their NATOPS and not have had to worry about the spaghetti soup that is the P sub S diagram.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
We did Rotary Wing and Fixed Wing DM. I went up against an F-5 from VMFT-401, and a Hind. Yes. A Hind. In all the different line numbers, I got the learning points - about how to win. In the freeplay line number, I learned that I'm going to lose if they see me.

After landing @ NYL and seeing the Hind as I was getting a long tow back to the t-line, I wondered what it was doing there. Now I know :)

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Yeah RW DACM!

COME AT ME BRO!
uh-1y_gau-21.jpg

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
As a function of Operation "Earnest Will" we were doing 1 v 1, 1 v 2 Helo and 1 v 1 training with SH-2F. We flew against AH-1 and F-21 aircraft.