• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBates

Memorial service is 1400 Friday at the O-Club here in K-ville.

Uniform is flight suits for military, appropriate attire for civilians.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
I don't think that my command made it mandatory and I don't know about the sister squadron either, but I really hope people who are able attend do so regardless of whether they knew the guy or not. If nothing else it would mean a lot to the parents: a final show of respect for the son they raised and the loss they have suffered. I cannot fathom the pain they feel.

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
For the VT-21 guys, it is MANDATORY. You don't want to be "that guy" that blows this off.

I dont think anyone down here should miss it, mandatory of not. Even if you didnt know the guy, chances are a friend of yours did. Kingsville is a small community.

He was my roomates form partner at VT-6 in primary, sad to see him gone...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fellow Kings Pointer, too...RIP.

v/r
Schnugg
KP 85

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
That sucks he had to die like that...

On a related note, did anyone hear about a LTJG getting hit on NASCC about a week ago? My neighbor (an MA) said he saw it from pass/tag...

Bevo16

pilot
I biked almost two years in South Texas and I can tell you that it is not a biker friendly place.

What an incredibly stupid statement.

South Texas and the entire state is plenty friendly to people on bikes.

This was an accident, a tragic accident. A driver was blinded by the afternoon sun and could not see a couple of people on a bicycle. It's not like the guy was out to run someone over. "Friendly" does not have anything to do with it.

I am sure that the man driving the truck is feeling really shitty right now. He killed a Naval Officer and hurt another rider and didn't mean to. This kind of thing is as likley to happen anywhere you have a setting sun and people on bikes.

The last thing that I want to do is talk bad about the decision making process of someone who died a tragic death, but going for a bike ride on a 2 lane road, with no shoulders, where the speed limit is significantly different from bike speed (up to 70 mph), is not a properly ORM'd activity.

The swiss cheese lined up for these guys. It sucks. It's tragic. But it does not have anything to do with an area being "biker friendly".

Sorry if I sound crass, maybe I have been working in the casualty office for to long.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What an incredibly stupid statement.

South Texas and the entire state is plenty friendly to people on bikes.

This was an accident, a tragic accident. A driver was blinded by the afternoon sun and could not see a couple of people on a bicycle. It's not like the guy was out to run someone over. "Friendly" does not have anything to do with it.

I am sure that the man driving the truck is feeling really shitty right now. He killed a Naval Officer and hurt another rider and didn't mean to. This kind of thing is as likley to happen anywhere you have a setting sun and people on bikes.

The last thing that I want to do is talk bad about the decision making process of someone who died a tragic death, but going for a bike ride on a 2 lane road, with no shoulders, where the speed limit is significantly different from bike speed (up to 70 mph), is not a properly ORM'd activity.

The swiss cheese lined up for these guys. It sucks. It's tragic. But it does not have anything to do with an area being "biker friendly".

Sorry if I sound crass, maybe I have been working in the casualty office for to long.

Have you biked consistently for 2 years in that area?

Status
Not open for further replies.