• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Russians at Red Flag

robav8r

None
Contributor
It's gonna make the post-flight happy hour at the club pretty interesting :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I presume they'll be playing on the blue side, but it would be interesting to do a little "tête-à-tête" with the Ruskies for our Eagle guys. Something tells me they'll have a Growler squadron playing as well. :)

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing new. The Ruskies were there in Area 51 in the late '60s.
Their "cover" was that they were UFO aliens. And they played the role well!
Even had weird looking reptilian-like slimy flight suits, and VTAS helmets with huge round eyes.
Nevertheless, we Yanks still kicked the crap out of them Commies in ACM!
Ye-haah! Chester's dead!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Their "cover" was that they were UFO aliens. And they played the role well!
Even had weird looking reptilian-like slimy flight suits, and VTAS helmets with huge round eyes.

Yo Cat, do you remember ol' BzB, I was at that Red Flag while on an exchange tour with the Russky AF. I was 'that guy' who blew the flaming hooker contest at the Area 51 Club. Spent the rest of the exercise grounded, 3rd degree burns around the lips & chin.:oops:
Alien Skyhawk Driver!.JPG
Nevertheless, we Yanks still kicked the crap out of them Commies in ACM!

Hmmm, that's not my recollection?:rolleyes:
BzB

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
From the Nellis AFB FB page - "Reports of Russian Federation Air Force participation in Red Flag exercises at Nellis in the near future are inaccurate. For questions about Russian Federation Air Force participation in Red Flag-Alaska, please contact the Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs through the switchboard at the Pentagon."

SO...I guess you could say..."The data on the MiG is inaccurate..."

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
From the Nellis AFB FB page - "Reports of Russian Federation Air Force participation in Red Flag exercises at Nellis in the near future are inaccurate. For questions about Russian Federation Air Force participation in Red Flag-Alaska, please contact the Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs through the switchboard at the Pentagon."

SO...I guess you could say..."The data on the MiG is inaccurate..."
If it's CNXed, I sure hope somebody tells the Rooskies. If they show up unexpected, it could get interesting! Ha!

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Sounds like they may be doing something in Alaska not Nellis. Makes a little more sense - closer to home for them.