• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Russian Sub Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I do love their women though...

Even with the tons of oil money the rest of europe is shoveling into Russian coffers, they still can't get their shit in one sack and run a safe military program. Why we cowtow to these d-bags is beyond me.

Ronald Reagan had it right

"My fellow Americans, I've just passed legislation outlawing Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes." Why deal with them when you can just plain old beat them?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Kind of get a kick out of you wing wipers.
First you know NOTHING about Subs. Just remember wing wipers real men wear dolphins wannabe's wear wings.
While I do not shed a tear over a potential enemy losing a boat I can personally tell you the worst thing you can experience is a fire of any size on a sub.
You wing wipers talk a good game but face it if your target caught on fire you can jump in the sea and paddle away or at least get out of the smoke on the deck. You can also flood the compartment where the fire is or use tons and tons of water with little immediate danger of sinking from the excess water in the bilges.
A Sub is a sealed cylinder under the cold deep dark no where to get away from the smoke flames or heat. It has a very very small margin of HP air to use for ballast blowing and a narrow margin of positive floatation even after dumping the HP air into the MBT's to come up. It's called sea pressure folks Subs shrink as they go deeper and lose floatation. You cannot just flood the compartment as that could destroy trim and cause the tanks to dump the air out and down you go, give a radical pitch angle that causes the reactor to shut down no propulsion you go down (Thresher was lost this way), short out vital control systems and pumps down you go, and every 33 feet you go deeper the pressure increase I bar per square inch so as you go deeper any opening, say for a hose to fight a fire can be subject to thousands of pounds of pressure and have a flow rate that boggles the mind.The excess weight from water used to combat a onboard fire can quickly overcome the positive floatation of a boat and HP can only overcome sea pressure to a certain depth if you go beyond that and well you can't blow the MBT's plus you can quickly reach crush depth and DIE in milliseconds from the hull imploding. Ad this could be from a simple grease fire in the galley folks.

who the hell are you?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My comment was directed at the first person that you responded to. "SNA" under their handle. ...
Roger that .. and to clarify ... my comment was NOT directed at you as I know you've got more "smarts" than that ... :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Kind of get a kick out of you wing wipers. First you know NOTHING about Subs.....

First off -- I knew enough about subs to NOT go subs. So stuff it.

And I know your IP paints to NYC, NOT "Portsmouth". So stuff it.

And I know you're not long for this website -- a NAVAL AVIATION website -- with the attitude you've displayed in your first post.

Do you feel lucky ... ???

Bevo16

pilot
First you know NOTHING about Subs. Just remember wing wipers real men wear dolphins wannabe's wear wings.
and other such nonsense and bullshit.

Face-meet-palm.

You have disgraced yourself and the community that you claim to represent.

This is to pathetic to even make fun of.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Don't you ever lecture me, SSBN Sub Driver! I'm not a young "wing wiper" so stow it!
And the "youngsters" here aren't either. Indeed they display far better judgment than you.

Sadly, I have friends who today are still severely disfigured from aircraft fires of years ago, and I know some who died of aircraft flames. Submariners have no monopoly on tragedy.

Furthermore, not to denigrate your service, but I would wager I have unfortunately witnessed more honorable airmen die for their country in a single day than you have in a lifetime as a submariner.

We all serve the same cause and accept all the risks. So throttle back, first time poster! Or troll.

Or better yet, just be gone!!!!

BullGator

WTF is a wing wiper? I'm all for fun-loving slurs towards other desig's and such but that one is pretty ghey.
Pretty sure it's just the drunken post of the day. Or there are sub drivers... His profile is full of "wing wipers" too. If he's not inebriated, he's kind of sad or at minimum immature or resentful?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Wow, great first post, er... welcome, I guess.

The owner of this website wears Silver Dolphins, Navy SCUBA Dive Pin and the Wings of Gold. Three tours in the submarine community, one as an Officer on a Submarine Admiral's staff (yeah, the token brown shoe).

While I do not shed a tear over a potential enemy losing a boat I can personally tell you the worst thing you can experience is a fire of any size on a sub.
Been there, done that... and I agree, I never want to fight a fire on board a sub again... or deal with a freon leak, but that is another story.

You wing wipers talk a good game but face it if your target caught on fire you can jump in the sea and paddle away or at least get out of the smoke on the deck.
Try a fire in an aircraft at altitude, with only 3 small hand held bottles to put it out and limited O2 available. Or how about a fire in the COCKPIT after you rotate into mins out of Misawa during winter? Be careful before you start throwing stones, each community has its inherent dangers, and that is why we all train so hard for emergencies so it is SECOND nature and you have the proper decision making to handle it when the real thing comes along. I question the intent of your post (more than likely to only flame and cause a ruccus) and why you deride other communities in the Navy. I can only imagine that you never spent time away from the submarine pier except to get the smell of amine and diesel off of yourself. But then again, you ARE a boomer fag :D we all know only the best go FAST ATTACK!

Mark on top, now, now, NOW.....

Redux

.........Rest of bullshit deleted, subs = 2oo guys go out, 100 couples come back. Whats in YOUR ass cowpoke?

Blah, blah, blah,,,,,,,,,fire is bad anywhere, those bastards didn't burn, it sounds like they suffocated to death.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
.........Rest of bullshit deleted, subs = 2oo guys go out, 100 couples come back. Whats in YOUR ass cowpoke?

Blah, blah, blah,,,,,,,,,fire is bad anywhere, those bastards didn't burn, it sounds like they suffocated to death.

no no, it's 99 couples, one of them is always having a fight for some reason or another

phrogpilot73

Just remember wing wipers real men wear dolphins wannabe's wear wings.
WTF is a wing wiper? That's just gay.

Riddle me this, what's the oldest warfare device in the US Navy? Hint: It ain't dolphins.

...words...
USS Scorpion - 99 men.
USS Thresher - 129 men.

So why is it if a sub is so amazingly dangerous (and requires nothing but the steeliest nerves), and aviation is so safe and full of pussies, that those are the only two major disasters of the submarine world? Christ, the US Navy crashed 776 aircraft in 1950, I'm guessing one or two guys died in those crashes.

You should really learn your audience before you rail on. If you were intending for some friendly community bashing, it didn't come off that way. You've got to prove yourself here before you do that. There's a number of submariners on board, and they probably have a rough idea of what they're talking about.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I take no joy in the deaths of the 20 or so Russian sailors who died here. That said, it is comforting to see that the Russian's military equipment is still built like the pieces of crap I saw in Russia in the mid-90's. I wouldn't want us to fight them or anyone, but their "stuff" is generally vastly inferior to our equipment (a/c, ships & subs).

robav8r

None
Contributor
Biography: Ex US Navy Sub Driver. Subs did more to keep the cold war from going nuke then you wing wipers ever did.

Shipwreck, while most here have covered all the requisite responses to your asinine post, I recommend you pick up the book: "By any means necessary" by William E. Burrows. Let me know if you still think your beloved "silent service" deserve all the credit for winning the cold war.

Status
Not open for further replies.