• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Russian Sub Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^ 20 Rooskies dead?? Chump change ....

The base is more than likely VLAD and me and some Amigo's were gonna' drop a NUKE or two in there had the balloon ever gone up ... 20, indeed.

Shpion1

Contributor
Not fun in any case

A4 -

With all due respect, not wishing that end result on anyone has no relevance to being able and ready to do the deed once called upon. Can't speak for all of us who are serving or served, but I believe majority would do what has to be done, but wouldn't wish a nuclear device to detonate anywhere. Well, maybe a small one in Tehran...and another in Pyongyang, but thats beside the point

Believe the sub may be the Nerpa. Thats the likely suspect. She's in the Pac doing sea trials in preparations to be leased to the Indians next year. She came from Komsomolsk Na Amur, the shipyard she was in when work stopped. Press reports over 200 onboard, with 80 and change military. likely the others are yardbirds and poss some Indian Observers. In any case, I'd say the Indians need to be prepared for additional delays. Should be used to that based on the Gorshkov and other dealings with the Russians.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4 -

With all due respect....
Everytime I hear this ... I try not to puke all over myself and/or choke the person who is saying it ... as they really mean no respect at all and are tryin' to get a "pass" on whatever they are saying and/or going to say ...

SORRY: I just don't buy it.

The Russians are fucks and I shed NO tears for any of their military when they buy it, no matter what the circumstance -- ditto the ChiComs, Vietnamese, Abu Sayef, Al Queda, Colombian drug runners, inner-city gang members -- you can pick a number -- and they'd ALL just as soon gun you down as look at you. If you think otherwise, then you're a goddamn fool ... with all due respect. :)

"They" and their fellow travelers caused or were instrumental in the deaths of too many ... WAY too many USGI's and our allies ... THOSE are the only ones for whom I shed a tear.

With all due respect ...

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
...but wouldn't wish a nuclear device to detonate anywhere. Well, maybe a small one in Tehran...and another in Pyongyang, but thats beside the point...

Its not really beside the point. So youre saying its not cool for a nuclear detonation to happen anywhere, but then list a few places that its ok? And are small nukes ok, just not the large ones?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
yeah...what a douche. and i'm just being nice.

EDIT: I just saw you were an officer and have been around the block, which means I figured you would have thought more before the whole nuke comment.

Bevo16

pilot
The Russians are fucks and I shed NO tears for any of their military when they buy it, no matter what the circumstance -- ditto the ChiComs, Vietnamese, Abu Sayef, Al Queda, Colombian drug runners, inner-city gang members -- you can pick a number -- and they'd ALL just as soon gun you down as look at you. If you think otherwise, then you're a goddamn fool ... with all due respect. :)

"They" and their fellow travelers caused or were instrumental in the deaths of too many ... WAY too many USGI's and our allies ... THOSE are the only ones for whom I shed a tear.

With all due respect ...

Careful, to much truth can be harsh on the youngsters.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Careful, to much truth can be harsh on the youngsters.
Yeah, in general .. but this guy's not a "youngster", so watch your lip, Juniors.

And therein lies the pity ... just my opinion.
With all due respect ... :sleep_125

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About Shpion1

Biography
Recently Ret (late 06) AIO. Started my 20 as FR, ended as LCDR 1630. Stayed (on purpose) in aviation, HSL, ES-3, VP and when got drafted for a DC tool, dragged for a PENTAGON CNO-IP tour as a briefer. If they would have left me in aviation, I'd prob still be in.

Occupation
Business Owner

Interests
Lurking on Forums

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Good to see the Akulas burn as well as the Victors, Novembers, Foxtrots, Deltas, and Yankees...

I still wait eagerly for the Peter the Great to venture down here to the Gulf. If it doesn't capsize along the way...:sleep_125

Bevo16

pilot
Yeah, in general .. but this guy's not a "youngster", so watch your lip, Juniors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About Shpion1

Biography
Recently Ret (late 06) AIO. Started my 20 as FR, ended as LCDR 1630. Stayed (on purpose) in aviation, HSL, ES-3, VP and when got drafted for a DC tool, dragged for a PENTAGON CNO-IP tour as a briefer. If they would have left me in aviation, I'd prob still be in.

Occupation
Business Owner

Interests
Lurking on Forums

My comment was directed at the first person that you responded to. "SNA" under their handle.

Beside the point. The Russians have never been our friends. They have been a constant enemy with a brief period where they did not have enough money or internal stability to poke us in the eye every chance they got. That's not the case anymore.

There are a lot of guys who wore gold wings who are MIA just because some Soviet pilot decided to go up and shoot down an American patrol that day. Not to mention direct combat during Korea and them actively backing our enemies in Vietnam and, yes, Iraq. The cold war was not cold at all.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
^ what about Mings, Shangs, Jins, Yuans, an Kilos??:icon_mi_1

edit: Bevo, I stayed up and watched Red Dawn last night....so I'm really grumpy against the Russians today.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Not that I necessarily wish death and pain upon random people I don't know, but I can say this: I have more than one friend (a good one in particular) whose family fled Russia for America because they could have been imprisoned or killed or worse for practicing our religion in that country. They are ruthless. I'm not exactly sympathetic to the Russian people.

SSBN Sub Driver

Kind of get a kick out of you wing wipers.
First you know NOTHING about Subs. Just remember wing wipers real men wear dolphins wannabe's wear wings.
While I do not shed a tear over a potential enemy losing a boat I can personally tell you the worst thing you can experience is a fire of any size on a sub.
You wing wipers talk a good game but face it if your target caught on fire you can jump in the sea and paddle away or at least get out of the smoke on the deck. You can also flood the compartment where the fire is or use tons and tons of water with little immediate danger of sinking from the excess water in the bilges.
A Sub is a sealed cylinder under the cold deep dark no where to get away from the smoke flames or heat. It has a very very small margin of HP air to use for ballast blowing and a narrow margin of positive floatation even after dumping the HP air into the MBT's to come up. It's called sea pressure folks Subs shrink as they go deeper and lose floatation. You cannot just flood the compartment as that could destroy trim and cause the tanks to dump the air out and down you go, give a radical pitch angle that causes the reactor to shut down no propulsion you go down (Thresher was lost this way), short out vital control systems and pumps down you go, and every 33 feet you go deeper the pressure increase I bar per square inch so as you go deeper any opening, say for a hose to fight a fire can be subject to thousands of pounds of pressure and have a flow rate that boggles the mind.The excess weight from water used to combat a onboard fire can quickly overcome the positive floatation of a boat and HP can only overcome sea pressure to a certain depth if you go beyond that and well you can't blow the MBT's plus you can quickly reach crush depth and DIE in milliseconds from the hull imploding. Ad this could be from a simple grease fire in the galley folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.