• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Running at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes,

You can wear ankle and knee braces. When I showed up I told the Docs at NAMI that it was a preventative thing. Nobody said squat. Well maybe one or two DI's did. I actually wore Shin Splint braces. They fit around your lower leg. I got called Pele a couple times but I made it through.

Dave

kn

Heh they actually called you Pele? Do the DIs pick on you though if you wear braces? Sometimes when I run 4-5 miles my knees hurt a little and wearing knee braces helps minimize the pain. I don't know if I'd want to draw any more attention from the DIs though :)

grouch

GTX warriors don't run at OCS so if running is a problem just tell the DI that you want to be in G company. Hehehe.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah yu get steak and lobster every night in G com-pany as well. And dont forget the little mint on your pillow at night.

DAve

gin_e

i believe they'll confiscate any over the counter medications unless you have a prescription. but you can get pain killers from medical if you request it.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Keep the ibuprofin in your car and then when you get secured you can self medicate. Keep some cold medicine and vitamine C also to fight the OCS crud. Never keep any unauthorized meds in the barracks. Its not worth the risk of getting caught and sent back. You can ask permission from your DI to have Ben Gay or Icy Hot if you really need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.