• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Road to 350: What Does the US Navy Do Anyway?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
AKA The Bagwan Shree Rajneesh. Dude moved his cult to rural Antelope, Oregon in the early 80s. Hilarity, and considerable malfeasance, ensued.
Infuckingcredible! Of course, it’s the “sex guru”. I completely forgot about this guy! That documentary is definitely going on the list of movies to watched when plastered. It’s the lore I never knew I need.

Also, thank you for encouraging our antics. Now the thread is locked ????

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Infuckingcredible! Of course, it’s the “sex guru”. I completely forgot about this guy! That documentary is definitely going on the list of movies to watched when plastered. It’s the lore I never knew I need.

Also, thank you for encouraging our antics. Now the thread is locked ????

It was entertaining to read- and quickly devolved into something that wasn’t about Israel at all.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
From USNI today: the attack submarine USS Boise lost its dive certificate in 2017 - still not repaired yet.

1699452157285.jpeg
An undated photo of USS Boise (SSN-764). US Navy Photo

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
From USNI today: the attack submarine USS Boise lost its dive certificate in 2017 - still not repaired yet.

View attachment 39201
The certificate is probably stuck down between the couch cushions in the XOs berth.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

View attachment 39201
FYI, "losing your dive certificate" refers to the expiration of URO-3 (unrestricted operations maintenance procedures), which mandates a sub conduct a CNO availability every 5 years.

Now, the fact that Boise still is not seaworthy 5 years later absolutely is news... and also was the subject of several Congressional inquiries into shipyards.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don’t care who the author is, he’s wrong, and out of touch. The Houthi attacks have nothing to do with our total fleet strength, and he has absolutely no clue who they were targeting. It’s easy to pontificate when you don’t apply any critical thought.

Edit: I took a glance at the report that he mentioned. He’s quoting his own report…

Last edited: