• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN RIP CDR Hugh "BZB" Magee

brownshoe

Contributor
I just received a phone call from Hugh's sons, Mike and Patrick. Hugh is to be cremated and buried at sea. A separate ceremony will be held the middle of February, Mike is going to keep me informed and I'll pass along information when it's been finalized. Patrick was actually with his father holding his hand when he passed.

Also this message was left for me on my profile here at AW: "This is Patty .... Hugh's orders were cut around 1730 yesterday."

All I have to say is that Hugh was one hell of a Sailor and a great shipmate. I am damned lucky to have known him.

Last edited:

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Fair Winds and Following Seas Sir - you will be missed by many. Thankful that I had the chance to interact with him here.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
While I did not interact much directly with BzB, his posts were always genuinely worth the read. He reminded me of my best friend's dad who flew A-4s out of Cecil Field in the 70s. While reading his posts I could imagine my friend's dad speaking, offering the same wisdom and insights.

Fair winds and following seas.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I don't know if any of his family reads here, but if they do, please know he inspired and assisted many. I hope memories of happier times with him bring you some comfort.

Walt6541

I haven't been around AW long, but I made a point of reading BzB's posts. So much history, knowledge and a lot of quality entertainment. Commander Magee, you will be sorely missed. Thank you for your service. Rest in peace, sir.

Commander Hugh Magee, US Navy, Busy bee 604 DEPARTING!

LET73

That's sad news. He set a real example for a lot of people just here on AW; I can only imagine what he did for the people who knew him in person. Fair winds and following seas, BzB.