• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rifle qual - how'd you shoot?

how'd you shoot?

• expert

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • marksman

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • sharpshooter

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Most of the guys with prior shooting experience smoked it... but so did many of those with none. I guess its like the whole thing about prior flight time at Primary. The learning curves catch up to each other quickly, and they design the program to teach someone who has never fired a weapon. Then there is the curious phenomenon of the priors coming in with the double expert/4th award who end up unking... strange.

theduke

Rifle - Expert. 228
Pistol - Expert 382

and yeah, i remember that coldass qual day for Company "A" where the targets kept blowing over. what was it, like 17 degrees or something?

Doesn't make a difference at all. They say that it is a bad thing to have shot before because you may have bad habits that are hard to break.

I don't totally agree. I think if you've shot a lot before and have developed good skills, that's the best scenario. If you've never shot before, that's next best. If you taught yourself a bunch of bad habits, that's by far the worst.

I'd put about a million rounds downrange with both pistols and rifles before I ever went to TBS, and I think that helped, but I saw total neophytes shoot really well after those 3 weeks.

reapergm

We also had a COLD day on the range. I was shooting ok on rifle all week, and kickin ass on the pistol, but.. the curse of qualday..

Rifle - 220 (Hey, its still expert!)
Pistol- 338 (just a bit outside)

Whatever. With the amount of little caesars in my company, Ill take it. If I get an airframe with a gun, Ill concentrate on being an expert with that!