• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rifle qual - how'd you shoot?

how'd you shoot?

• expert

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • marksman

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • sharpshooter

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

ItsTurboTime

Just curious.

edit: I think the order of the poll was rearranged. Just to clarify, it goes expert>sharpshooter>marksman, right?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
expert... but only by luck. 1st time i qualed i shot marksman. then it took me like 4 more tries to get expert. and that was after shooting about 1-2 hundred rounds every morning for 10 straight days.

usmcecho4

pilot
Pre-Qual Day:
conditions: sunny, beautiful, calm, awesome
Rifle: 242
Pistol: 341

Qual Day:
conditions: rainy, nasty, overcast, cold, and windy (a tree literally blew over at the pistol range)
Rifle: xxxx (qual was canceled due to crappy weather)
Pistol: 348

Qual Day Take Two:
conditions: windy, colder, overcast, and on the Monday of a canceled 72
Rifle: 227
Pistol: 362 (advantage of cold dry weather is that the pasties fly everywhere)

I know they say that they say that the weather affects the shooter and not the round...but haveing a completely numb trigger hand is no fun at all (on the positive size I was truely surprised everytime a round went off).

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

Attachments

• n1402216_30064605_1066.jpg
    n1402216_30064605_1066.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 154

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stupid new range order, dumbass non hacker range FAPs. I shot marksman this year after four years straight as expert and now since I am on the major's board I might not ever get back to the rifle range-oh wait disregard my rant I hate the range.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
usmcecho4 said:
Qual Day:
conditions: rainy, nasty, overcast, cold, and windy (a tree literally blew over at the pistol range)
Rifle: xxxx (qual was canceled due to crappy weather)
Pistol: 348

Qual Day Take Two:
conditions: windy, colder, overcast, and on the Monday of a canceled 72
Rifle: 227
Pistol: 362 (advantage of cold dry weather is that the pasties fly everywhere)

I remember that day... we were on the rifle range just getting ready to move to the 500 when they cancelled it. Oh by the way, thats the ONLY time that they cancelled Qual day in recent history...

Try laying in the prone for 5 minutes while they try to keep the targets from blowing over...

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Yeah I shot expert on rifle out there in the summer put shot marksman on the pistol by 1 lousy point...I missed the target twice or had two phantom rounds...never had done that before in all the days leading up to qual day...so I have one pizza box...cannot wait to pistol qual again to qualify better..

spec05v

Waiting...
Like most other hillbillies I have some experience with firearms. Does that help or is it all learned on the range?

usmcecho4

pilot
Doesn't make a difference at all. They say that it is a bad thing to have shot before because you may have bad habits that are hard to break. I don't know if this is true but I never shot a rifle before in my life and shot expert. The key to the rifle is just making sure that your sights are set correctly. Everyone who had problems with the rifle simply didn't have their sights set correctly. I do think that prior pistol experience would help as pistol is more of an art form than a science.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Double E--And get to keep the first "E" forever, now. Much cooler in uniform than the pizza and cross I left TBS with.