• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Return to OCS after DOR?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Involuntarily, NO. It takes a lot to actually get booted from OCS. The DIs are expert at getting the douch bags and dumb sh!ts to DOR. Douch or not, if you absolutely refuse to quit and are putting your heart into it, then it is unlikely you will simply get kicked out against your will. But if they target you, it can be a very very difficult existence.

AFFIRM.

My roommate at OCS caught "Sgt L" jacking off in the man's stall in Regiment, by this time he was in Student Pool. It wasn't the first time he was caught doing it. :tongue2_1

And I do admit, that RLP is a bit subjective (for those guys who haven't been through OCS and the horrors of RLP). One DI said it best, "God can put your locker together and I'll find more then 20 hits on it." If you get more then a 100 hits, there's something really really wrong with your reputation.

1. Gross
2. Yes very. I failed my reinspect with my class DI with a 79. It was obvious he intended me to roll (and I am glad in retrospect I did).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You would be glad to roll?

Yes because I sucked. I deserved it. After I put 2 and 2 together I sucked less. My original DI was a great inspiration and was certainly not one to let ANYone "just slip by". Sometimes rolling is a necessary kick in the pants.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I forgot about the DDR game, maybe I should do that to warm up. Oh yeah, im not ghey.

I still am going through his blog. God, what a braggart.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can read about his path to (and out of) OCS by way of enlisting in reserves as a college grad and then deciding to go active duty and then apply for OCS while still getting acclimated and trying to pass the PRT at Willow Grove on his blog. He showed up for Army OCS and was sent home because they had too many folks show up and actually had them compete to stay (heck of way to run a railroad). Looks like he'll get another shot though. He seems to like wearing utilities off base (got nailed repeatedly outside front gate at Willow Grove stopping at the WaWa after drills) so now he'll get his wish. BTW - he calls himself "Sgt L" now his ID card says E-5.

I have a feeling he'll eventually be featured as bogus over in the pownetwork.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
LOL

more dumb quotes below

[size=-3]I mentioned the extra pay, and the prestige and responsibility that go with being an Officer. He asked me what kind of responsibility Officers have (actually, it was more like a rhetorical question). How can I argue with something like that? That's silly Enlisted animus against the Commissioned ranks. He asked how often do Officers interact with their subordinates? At this point, I was thinking that my recruiter would never advance in the business world, because he'd have a chip on his shoulder about management. He made some sort of ackward comparison with the Philadelphia Eagles, asking if I'd want to be the owner (I think he went off the deep end on that one), implying that only Jeff Laurie would be the Eagles' equivilant of an Officer. Sure, he said, I'd make more money, but I wouldn't interact with the men. Petty Officer A-hole's whole case was built on the supposition that responsibility is the same thing as "being in the trenches," so to speak. Like I said, silly anti-Officer animus. My recruiter was trying to sell me on the idea of Chiefs being more important (because of his definition of responsibility) than Officers, and compared Andy Reid, the Head Coach, to a Chief. I disagreed, saying that Reid is more like an Officer, and the many assistant and specialty coaches underneath him are equivilant to Chiefs.

--------

I didn't mind most of it. I didn't much like another man touching my "equipment," but it had to be done. Nor did I like the bending over part, but thank god he didn't touch anything. The urine analysis wasn't unpleasant, so much as it was weird (I've never peed in a cup). My least favorite part was the blood test. Remember, this was before I was in the Navy proper, before I'd experienced 3-4 shots per drill weekend, so I was still deathly afraid of needles. When you're like this, it's more of an anxious thing. The pain doesn't bother me so [/size]

nugget81

pilot
"Sgt L" was at OCS the same time I was, but he was a class or two behind mine. There was an instance where everyone was moving out of Batt II and into Batt I (there was a mold issue in Batt II). As my roommate and I are moving our stuff, we stroll into the quarterdeck of Batt I and see "Sgt L" getting some trashcan love from Master Guns. There was sand all over the place and he was getting absolutely lit up. Out of nowhere, Master Guns turns to me and says, "Candidate, do you know how many days are in the month of February?"
I reply, "YES SIR!"
Master Guns yells for "Sgt L" to say how many days are in Feb.
"30."
"Is he right?!?" barks Master Guns.
"NO SIR!"
"Well! How many days?"
"TWO EIGHT, SIR!"
"Do you hear that 'Sgt L'?!? You went to college, didn't you? Isn't that supposed to make you smart or something? Then why the hell are you so stupid?!?"
The ass chewing lasted for a while, but I was dismissed after a couple of minutes of bracing the bulkhead. Good times :D. Personally, I saw "Sgt L" as a screwup and was glad to see him go.

As for AppleCU, I can't speak to your reasons for quitting or even for wanting to go back. If you really want to go back and are willing to prove that you have what it takes, then more power to you. However, as it has been echoed before, you will be known as the quitter that got back in and the DI's will do everything they can to get you back out. OCS was hard the first time - it will be much harder the second.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I just saw a pic of him in his Army BDU's and he has a SGT rank. As an Army OCS candidate, paygrade E-5, wouldn't he have cadet insignia? Any Army people on here?

BackOrdered

Contributor
Accord to the blog update, and please stop me if I read this wrong because I don't believe it myself, it appears he bailed out of Army OCS and now wants a Direct Commission. Managed to get removed from Army OCS. Now he's trying to get back in after obviously not getting a DC. Wow.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Accord to the blog update, and please stop me if I read this wrong because I don't believe it myself, it appears he bailed out of Army OCS and now wants a Direct Commission. Managed to get removed from Army OCS. Now he's trying to get back in after obviously not getting a DC. Wow.

In one of his MEPS blogs he was saying how, after swearing in, that the Major who was present was talking to him after and was "suprised that he didn't get a direct commission"

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why do people feel the need to put their entire lives out there for everyone in the world to see? I have to say, it is really interesting to see the train wreck that this guy is but has he no shame? Same with some of the blogs that are linked.