• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retirement/Retiree Gouge Forum?

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Just asking the question now that I've officially added retired to my title. There's a lot of retirement information sprinkled through the various forums, but there isn't a designated goto "place" to ask questions or search for info. Perhaps a retirement forum broken down by Active, Reserve, GS, and other relevant subgroups would be helpful AND perhaps other retirement threads could be moved there? It's also possible this is a solution in search of a problem, but I thought I'd at least ask the question.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
AWs 17 years ago: Filled with SNAs, Mids, some fleet JOs, and a smattering of older folks, because we were the only people who cared about this Internet thing. Didn't you know the tech bubble burst?

AWs now: "We need a retirement forum . . ." ?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
AWs 17 years ago: Filled with SNAs, Mids, some fleet JOs, and a smattering of older folks, because we were the only people who cared about this Internet thing. Didn't you know the tech bubble burst?

Haha.....some of you fu**ers are getting old. Actually, I joined 17 16 years ago.....thats insane.....though I'm quite a few years out still.

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
I’m all for starting a Retirement Forum.

I started visiting the site over 20 years ago, boy was it different back then. This site helped me get into OCS and then all the way till I finally retired out of the USNR. The IRR thread helped out a TON. Not sure if I could have pulled off the last couple of good years in the IRR without the great gouge from the all the other members on this site.

A big thanks to John, Matt and Steve for starting this website to help others.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I recommend “Transition Forum”. Not everyone stays to be retirement eligible and same topics apply, if not more (Reserve or ANG options for those getting out before retirement). Just my 2 cents after interviewing/counseling dozens of AW members since I joined.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I recommend “Transition Forum”.

HJ, that forum disappeared some time ago. Not sure why, but it's no longer viewable (at least that I can find). However, here's a new Retiree forum, as requested. Please let me know if you're running into issues posting.