• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Required Training and Qualifications for Reserve Information Warfare Community (IWC) Officers

bluemarlin04

Why? You will never use it.

If you MOB you will get the standard Barney Fife familiarization like everyone else. If you are assigned to NR NSW INTEL 17 or 18 you will, prior to deployment (everyone assigned to these units deploys), receive the standard SEAL Team support staff work-up training which is pretty nice and fancy.
Even as an 1830 in NSW, the chances of you ever going anywhere outside the wire or leaving a computer are slim.

There are a few 1830s with certain AQDs that go outside the wire for missions but they are rare and most are active duty at Dam Neck.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Even as an 1830 in NSW, the chances of you ever going anywhere outside the wire or leaving a computer are slim.

There are a few 1830s with certain AQDs that go outside the wire for missions but they are rare and most are active duty at Dam Neck.
Correct, but you still get the training as a Reservist deploying with a team as a support person.

Markymark

Why? You will never use it.

If you MOB you will get the standard Barney Fife familiarization like everyone else. If you are assigned to NR NSW INTEL 17 or 18 you will, prior to deployment (everyone assigned to these units deploys), receive the standard SEAL Team support staff work-up training which is pretty nice and fancy.
Bubblehead, question semi on topic. I havent been able to find an answer one way or another, not even my OR knew. Do you know if my weapons qualifications from the army (we get badges not ribbons) transfer over? I qualify expert pretty much every six months on rifle and pistol.

Another question is I see in the questions later on were you and others mention deploing to Iraq ans Afghanistan being pretty rare. Would prior service who already have deployments to Iraq ans Afghanistan, had already been assigned to special forces units and has had the training prior, be more prone to these deployments?

Hair Warrior

JO 1835
Contributor
Bubblehead, question semi on topic. I havent been able to find an answer one way or another, not even my OR knew. Do you know if my weapons qualifications from the army (we get badges not ribbons) transfer over? I qualify expert pretty much every six months on rifle and pistol.
You will have to re-qualify. Google which ribbons and medals are authorized for the Navy. Some from your Army service are authorized, some likely aren’t. Marksmanship ribbons are Navy-specific and do not carry over from other branches.
Another question is I see in the questions later on were you and others mention deploing to Iraq ans Afghanistan being pretty rare. Would prior service who already have deployments to Iraq ans Afghanistan, had already been assigned to special forces units and has had the training prior, be more prone to these deployments?
That’s a loaded question. It technically goes off of your pay entry base date (PEBD), but only applies once your MAS code indicates you are PQS qualified (3I1 AQD for 1835). Prior to that, you are non-deployable. And, that can last up to 36 months.

Deployments in general are drawing down. Also, places like Gitmo count as a mob. I wouldn’t worry about it until you are close to getting qual’d.

devilbones

You will have to re-qualify. Google which ribbons and medals are authorized for the Navy. Some from your Army service are authorized, some likely aren’t. Marksmanship ribbons are Navy-specific and do not carry over from other branches.

That’s a loaded question. It technically goes off of your pay entry base date (PEBD), but only applies once your MAS code indicates you are PQS qualified (3I1 AQD for 1835). Prior to that, you are non-deployable. And, that can last up to 36 months.

Deployments in general are drawing down. Also, places like Gitmo count as a mob. I wouldn’t worry about it until you are close to getting qual’d.
Marksmanship carries over from all branches and certain other federal qualification courses. I had my army pistol and USMC rifle entered, see OPNAVINST 3591.1.
Navy active duty and reserve personnel who qualify on a small arms qualification course with any other branch of the Armed Forces (including Coast Guard) may wear the appropriate Navy ribbon or medal corresponding to that service qualification designation.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Would prior service who already have deployments to Iraq ans Afghanistan, had already been assigned to special forces units and has had the training prior, be more prone to these deployments?
No. You are another no name nothing Ensign in the sea of butter bars.

Mobilization list is ordered by designator, rank, pay entry base date, and for those who have previously mobilized, by their mob return date.

bluemarlin04

No one really cares what you did previously.

As a new ENS you need to learn your job and get qualified. Once you are qualified and have a good enough understanding to lead others in Intelligence operations is when you will start to get groomed for deployment.

snake020

Contributor
I didn't expect this response...ha.
I knew there wasn't a reason we would need it.... i was just making sure they didn't throw it in there anywhere.
Should i ask about the CS chamber?! 😎
Goodness, this is dense. No, you should not ask about being gassed or sprayed in the face with a full can of mace. If you really need it, someone will add it to your qual sheet, and even then you should try and weasel your way out of it.