• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Repercussions of a DOR?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What is the average wait time to go home from a DoR and is there any possible way I can speed it up? I was told 3 weeks. Anyone have the experience?

Roughly 3-4 weeks.

Bigger question though: why the DOR? Were you NPQ for Pilot? Tired of the OCS BS? PRT failure? Why DOR only within a few weeks of starting OCS?

If you have DORing and wanting to apply for an OCS program down the road don't bank on it. The boards don't want previous quitters applying.

NOW for SNA, not interested in NFO. I'd like to continue to fly. I did pretty well in the IST, but got the bad news a few hours later about medical. Non-waiverable also.

I do not plan on re-applying. I'm hoping to get home asap and was searching for tips to help my chances IF there is anything I can do.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
From what I saw when I was there, it can take up to 3 or 4 weeks. The only instance that I saw that was faster was when the CO went to bat for someone who was NPQ for all officer programs (somehow Army medical missed the fact that he was totally colorblind when they gave him his initial physical). Think he was out of there in a little under 2 weeks.

If you're trying to get out of there because a family member is really sick you may be able to get it expedited, but if it's just "I'm NPQ for SNA and I want to go home" I don't think there's really any way to speed that up.

From what I saw when I was there, it can take up to 3 or 4 weeks. The only instance that I saw that was faster was when the CO went to bat for someone who was NPQ for all officer programs (somehow Army medical missed the fact that he was totally colorblind when they gave him his initial physical). Think he was out of there in a little under 2 weeks.

If you're trying to get out of there because a family member is really sick you may be able to get it expedited, but if it's just "I'm NPQ for SNA and I want to go home" I don't think there's really any way to speed that up.
Thank you for the feedback!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
NPQ for W.H.A.T.?

If you don't mind telling us.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Hypermetropia, non-waiverable and the eye test that found it was not done at MEPS.
Sorry to hear it. It looks like you already have a start with civilian flying so you need to decide if you want to serve your country (maybe as an Air Intel type or SWO) and keep flying as a civilian...or just jump back into the civilian flight game.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Sorry to hear it. It looks like you already have a start with civilian flying so you need to decide if you want to serve your country (maybe as an Air Intel type or SWO) and keep flying as a civilian...or just jump back into the civilian flight game.

Pretty sure he's made that choice already...