• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

remember when helmets looked cool?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was at NUW last weekend I saw a couple of SAR helo guys wearing them. I'll have to admit, they are eye-catching!

Which is exactly why I'm glad I wasn't wearing one when I punched out. In '59-'60, orange flight suits were standard & we loved them. I'm not sure why they slowly went out of favor. Absolutely unsuitable for any kind of combat operations!:eek:
BzB

gotta_fly

pilot
On the flight suit thread jack, how are people liking the drifire two-piece suits? They're starting to seem more and more appealing to me.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
HT-28 is wear-testing some new flight suits. I'm not sure exactly which ones they are. The IPs I spoke with seem to like them. But I have no first-hand experience being a lowly stud.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
HT-28 is wear-testing some new flight suits. I'm not sure exactly which ones they are. The IPs I spoke with seem to like them. But I have no first-hand experience being a lowly stud.

The word I'm getting from ADS is that Whiting is wear-testing the Drifit One-piece green. PMA hasn't approved them yet, but everyone is waiting on them since the rules are about to change about the already approved tan ones. ADS was telling me to hassle PMA so they see the demand signal, but I'm not really convinced that will do anything.

Citation3

The whole display they have going on there is pretty good. Lots of good history there.

Here is the back side of the old school helmet display.

Jul27AirSpaceMuseum-BalboaPark3.jpg

Jul27AirSpaceMuseum-BalboaPark5.jpg

My favorite...

Jul27AirSpaceMuseum-BalboaPark14.jpg

Speaking of helmets...The Astronaut Hall of Fame has a pretty good spread itself.

Feb6KSC54.jpg

Feb6KSC56.jpg

Feb6KSC57.jpg

Feb6KSC52.jpg

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Where's the old school helo helmets that I've always heard were designed by a jet pilot to make us helo-bubbas look as goofy as possible!

Plain%20white%20helicopter%20helmet%20%20MH-178B.jpg

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
my 40 some year old flight jacket gets cooler every year.
don't wear it much. gets to be too much work fightin' off da wimmins.
5992641942_4767e9caf7.jpg

phrogpilot73

my 40 some year old flight jacket gets cooler every year.
don't wear it much. gets to be too much work fightin' off da wimmins.
Shenanigans! Everyone knows that chicks dig rotor heads, and that you jet guys are just a consolation prize...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I can't wear my flight jacket anymore, because I've got a non-standard namepatch permanently sewn on. The reason for the crackdown? Fixed-wing hosers couldn't leave well enough alone and had to wear their ghey colored t-shirts and ruined things for everyone!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I can't wear my flight jacket anymore, because I've got a non-standard namepatch permanently sewn on. The reason for the crackdown? Fixed-wing hosers couldn't leave well enough alone and had to wear their ghey colored t-shirts and ruined things for everyone!

Where is this?

I heard at NFG it was 364 who was wearing purple t-shirts and got the CG kibosh.

Not surprising, actually.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Everybody needs a scapegoat in a game of circular finger-pointing!

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
A few from the Parachute Rigger Facebook.

Attachments

• P8.jpg
    P8.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Pinup.jpg
    Pinup.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Bonecrusher.jpg
    Bonecrusher.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Skull.jpg
    Skull.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Embossed.jpg
    Embossed.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 134

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
On the flight suit thread jack, how are people liking the drifire two-piece suits? They're starting to seem more and more appealing to me.
Absolutely love my 2-piece. The combat top is a huge benefit in the summertime. Funny how we get something functional, convenient, and good looking and less than a year after it's introduced some uniform board tries to get rid of it. I've heard that the green 2-piece suits are even better. (Which I find interesting that we are moving to make them at all and that the stupid message does away with desert INCONUS ..as for years there has been a move to make all of our flight suits coyote since that is the 1 color that works best in every environment.)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Shenanigans! Everyone knows that chicks dig rotor heads, and that you jet guys are just a consolation prize...

Heard a good USAF Leather Jacket story from my neighbor (USAF heavy pilot).
When the Missile folks were authorized flight suits and leather jackets, all the missileers at Minot ran over to base supply and stood in line waiting for their issue.
Soon the missile crews were wearing their leather jackets everywhere...
The bomber pilots decided to stage a protest and they refuse to wear their leathers on base anymore.