• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Relationship Issues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tombstone

O.K. folks I have sorda a pretty important question to all when I say this! I am currently in a serious relationship and was just wondering how hard it is to have a family in the Marine Corp as a pilot? I have recieved an OCS aviation slot. But you see I didn't know that this relationship was going to get as serious as it is. Or in other words I wasn't expecting it! So if anyone can give me some advice or just kinda give me a sitsuation that you have been in, it would be greatly appreciated. As you can see this is a really hard decision that just got even harded now! Any help would be appreciated!

Respectfully,
Tombstone

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
O.K. folks I have sorda a pretty important question to all when I say this! I am currently in a serious relationship and was just wondering how hard it is to have a family in the Marine Corp as a pilot? I have recieved an OCS aviation slot. But you see I didn't know that this relationship was going to get as serious as it is. Or in other words I wasn't expecting it! So if anyone can give me some advice or just kinda give me a sitsuation that you have been in, it would be greatly appreciated. As you can see this is a really hard decision that just got even harded now! Any help would be appreciated!

Respectfully,
Tombstone

Second what MB said. You might not want to hear this, but you're young and have no idea what's out there. If there's any doubt, put this chick on ice until after you have your wings. If it was meant to be, she'll still be there. If it wasn't, then you just saved yourself a whole lot of headache. You will have unbelievable opportunities to chase tail while in the Navy, even for a male cheerleader. ;) Just try to keep that in mind.

Brett

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
As a former lead singer in the Divorced Men's Choir, take the advice of MB, Brett and the others.

You're going on cruise regardless. Married or not, either she'll be there when you return or she won't. There is no third choice.

If, unfortunately, it is the latter, in one case it's no problem (Man, those AW guys knew what they were talking about! Thank you AW).

In the other case, you'll spend your next few paychecks on lawyers. If you have had children, well, I won't even go there. It's misery on the heartstrings and pocketbook (Man, I should have listened to those AW guys. What was I thinking...)

If she is waiting for you, smile and thank those AW guys, and then go seek deep shelter in a hotel room somewhere.

thull

Second what MB said. You might not want to hear this, but you're young and have no idea what's out there. If there's any doubt, put this chick on ice until after you have your wings. If it was meant to be, she'll still be there. If it wasn't, then you just saved yourself a whole lot of headache. You will have unbelievable opportunities to chase tail while in the Navy, even for a male cheerleader. ;) Just try to keep that in mind.

Brett

How do you know Tombstone's a guy?

Tombstone, if you're a guy, you have to ask yourself one question: Is this girl trying to ruin your life?

MasterBates

Learn from the experienced people here. To paraphrase A4s, "A good education is not cheap".

Therefore, be like Brett, and learn from your friends and associates mistakes. Far cheaper than learning from them on your own.

Just for a wake up, in 4 months, my divorce has cost over $13,000. We have not even gotten to arbitration/mediation yet. And there are no kids involved.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How do you know Tombstone's a guy?

Tombstone, if you're a guy, you have to ask yourself one question: Is this girl trying to ruin your life?

We have this feature on AW called a user profile.

Brett

White_Male

I think Thull may be a law student because he isn't assuming any facts here.

I saw the picture and it occurred to me that maybe it was Tombstone's boyfriend. Maybe it was her two favorite things in life. Just saying it is a possibility. Combine that analysis with the fact Tombstone is a cheerleader, and the fact that Tombstone would actually admit it on this forum, creates a somewhat compelling argument as to Tombstone's sex.

Also, Tombstone mentioned "hav[ing] a family," rather than "getting married." This seems to suggest that Tombstone may be a girl because of the use of the terminology "have a family," which is more characteristic of a female than it is of a male.

Finally, the excessive use of exclamation marks also seems to indicate the presence of a female.

Therefore, looking at the totality of the circumstances, Tombstone may be a female.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
That's a great argument WM. If Tombstone is a female, then the question ought to be to her male partner (assuming it is a male partner and not some sort of Rosie deal with adopted kids) as to his feelings sending his woman off to sea with a few thousand men who would like to take advantage of her.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
As a former cheerleader, I can tell you with 100% certainty that Tombstone is in fact male. And being that he is constantly around university cheerleaders, there's a 95% chance that his girlfriend is hotter than yours.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just for a wake up, in 4 months, my divorce has cost over $13,000. We have not even gotten to arbitration/mediation yet. And there are no kids involved.

That's a lot of bucks, MB, and a lot of happy lawyers it sounds like.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Lawyers aside, why the hell do divorces cost so much? I don't know sh!t about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.