• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Relationship Issues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
That's a great argument WM. If Tombstone is a female, then the question ought to be to her male partner (assuming it is a male partner and not some sort of Rosie deal with adopted kids) as to his feelings sending his woman off to sea with a few thousand men who would like to take advantage of her.
No, in fact, if Tombstone is a female, it's still her decision. When you were assuming s/he was a male, nobody said, "Well, have you asked your wife if she's okay with you going off on deployment? I hear there are lots of opportunities to stray, and them womens loves the white uniforms. Let's hear her feelings about sending her man off to sea where women'll want to tup that every time he pulls into port." Tombstone-the-chick wouldn't need permission to go to sea anymore than Tombstone-the-guy would.

mts4602

I must admit, after being on here long enough I have become to see the points that Brett and others make on such issues actually make since...kinda scary. :eek:

MasterBates

Lawyers aside, why the hell do divorces cost so much? I don't know sh!t about them.

Breakin' it down barney-style..

My lawyer + Her Lawyer, which I must pay for = $5k and counting. Most lawyers that JO's can afford bill in the $180-300 per hour range.
Court fees $500
4 months spousal support, at ~$2000+/month and counting.

This does not even take into consideration that I pay anywhere from $750 to $1300 a month in "rent" depending on how much space-a time I can get in the BOQ, house-sitting, and having to pay for "extended stay" hotels. Plus another $100 a month for a storage unit for my stuff..

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
I must admit, after being on here long enough I have become to see the points that Brett and others make on such issues actually make since...kinda scary. :eek:

I was fortunate; my legal fees were only $5,000, but I had to fly short notice from Va Beach and, later, Meridian and Puerto Rico, to Dallas, which were expensive and, more importantly, cost me some flying time in the squadron.

The expensive part is often when the judge assigns you responsibility for all her bills.

No matter what, divorce is about a hideous thing you can ever go through.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Cate and Zilch, it doesn't appear either of you have ever deployed on a Navy ship. What gives you the credibility to tell us what it's like at sea or pulling into a foreign port?

Carno

Insane
In one of his previous posts Tombstone uses the phrase, "help a brotha [sic] out," so I'm guessing he's male.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Cate and Zilch, it doesn't appear either of you have ever deployed on a Navy ship. What gives you the credibility to tell us what it's like at sea or pulling into a foreign port?

I didn't try to, nor would I. Perhaps I should have added one of these: :icon_tong My comment was an admittedly sad attempt at humor, you know, men having to ask persmission for everything.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
As a former cheerleader......university cheerleaders.....95% chance.....is hotter than yours.
What I'm getting out of this is that you were a cheerleader so you are hotter than 95% of the women....:D Proof? How about 8x10 glossy nu....never mind.......

Seriuosly. If his girlfriend is indeed that hot, it just another reason to wait until after the first deployment. Hot women are used to having guys around. They just might get lonely the first time they are left by themselves for a long period of time. Loneliness is one of the common excuses girls like to use for cheating.

Breakin' it down barney-style..

My lawyer + Her Lawyer, which I must pay for = $5k and counting. Most lawyers that JO's can afford bill in the $180-300 per hour range.
Court fees $500
4 months spousal support, at ~$2000+/month and counting.

This does not even take into consideration that I pay anywhere from $750 to $1300 a month in "rent" depending on how much space-a time I can get in the BOQ, house-sitting, and having to pay for "extended stay" hotels. Plus another $100 a month for a storage unit for my stuff..

2000 a month???? Do you all have kids????

brownshoe

Contributor
Lawyers aside, why the hell do divorces cost so much? I don't know sh!t about them.

Well, I can’t really answer your question, but I have a good friend who’s an attorney. One night we were having dinner together, and I’m not sure how the conversation started, he’s a corporate attorney, but ‘divorce’ came up. He said, and I quote, “ You wanna know when a divorce becomes final? It’s when both parties involved run outta money.” Don’t get me started on these a$$holes, we’ll be here all night discussing this! Every attorney I know, ‘KNOWS’ how to run up a bill. And, I deal with them all the time in my line of work.

Steve

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Well, I can’t really answer your question, but I have a good friend who’s an attorney. One night we were having dinner together, and I’m not sure how the conversation started, he’s a corporate attorney, but ‘divorce’ came up. He said, and I quote, “ You wanna know when a divorce becomes final? It’s when both parties involved run outta money.” Don’t get me started on these a$$holes, we’ll be here all night discussing this! Every attorney I know, ‘KNOWS’ how to run up a bill. And, I deal with them all the time in my line of work.

Steve

Reminds me of when my cousin told me how car dealerships really work. You'd never buy a car from one again if you heard half the things they do to you to get money without you even knowing it, lots of it being illegal but not convictable.

pilotpete24

You guys are making me nervous. I'm married with two little ones and just submitted my application for NFO to the January board. Any aviators here who have maintained a relationship or marriage through deployments? Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.