• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

Well that's really bad news for both you and I Ghost! Your scores were better than mine across the board. Maybe they'll accept my Supply or NFO choice(s). I have no flight time so I probably won't get the NFO. This is all just real disappointing to hear.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

ghost_ttu

just bad timing, no need in feeling bad, just get on with finding another way into a cockpit and a uniform.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

ghost_ttu

I do not know off the top of my head but I bet they are comparable, but I've heard that the Nav slots for the AF are pretty easy to get. I would go for one, but I want to be driving the plane and getting a transition to UPT from OTS commission in the AF is a bit difficult. I'll have an easier time getting a UPT transition from a Comm slot from an ROTC commission. But hopefully I'll get my pilot slot straight out of rotc.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

rhollin1

I just called another recruiter in a different area than mine. I played like I have a friend who is putting in his package for OCS. I told him that my "friend" said to wait 6 months before putting in. He said that is a great idea. He went on to say that every designation is full with the exception of Intel, Crypto, and Nuke. I told him that I was interested in Supply, NFO and AMDO and out of those three I would have a better chance of getting NFO. He asked if I have had flight time, I said no, and then he said "then don't bother with NFO". He has seen guys with their private license, great stats/scores and still not get it. And this is all recently. He also mentioned that 12:00 run is the bare minimum right now, but a sub 11:00 run is probably what their looking for. I told him that my friend's OAR was a 48 (which is mine) and he said that is good. Anything over a 44 is good. I'm not trying to piss anyone off here. I just thought I'd let you guys know that it would probably be better to submit around April or May. (according to this recruiter) He said that he received a memo this morning with the new numbers. As you can get, I am a bit upset right now.

ChipK96

:( Sounds like that might be true, my recruiter told me today that I got the old thumbs down and that aviation is more or less closed for the time being. Hopefully I can find another way to be an officer or maybe just wait a while and try again.

rhollin1

Talked to my recruiter today and he said that my package was officially sent out this morning. Wish me luck!

Cass

Grumpy
Good luck to you and all who are either putting in packages or waiting to hear from "The Board"[}:)]. Hope to see you all in the fleet someday.[8D]

"Is December 7th here yet?"

jrklr

I posted this recently before, but I still don't understand how you can even apply for a community that's completely "closed". My opinion is that if it really were completely cut off, they would tell the recruiters that they're not accepting applications for that community. What does everyone else think?

rhollin1

I agree. Like with SWO. I put that down for my second choice but my recruiter told me to take it out. This recruiter told me that everything is closed. I asked him specifically about NFO and he said that there are only like 5 slots open and that you have to be the "model" citizen/student to get one.

grouch

From what I understand, recruiting is kind of a "on the job training" sort of think. Just when a fellow gets the hang of it, his time is up. Good luck rhollin.

Status
Not open for further replies.