• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

? regarding recruiter & PLC

Carno

Insane
I doubt wearing a suit to meet an OSO would be anything but positive.

Wearing a suit to OCS would be bad, but meeting an OSO is not going to OCS.

MasterHaynes86

Dont believe the recruiter... You still have a chance. There are several boards during the year (from my understanding) and the January board is a difficult one. My OSO wouldn't submit my packet without a really good ASTB score and I was on the january board. It is rather competitive and I landed a PLC Jr. 2nd Increment slot but then got moved to 1st increment to let some prospective candidates on the wait list go... Give it a shot, u have a good chance of getting it.

When you show up to your OSO you cannot take no for an answer. When I met mine I wouldn't let him leave without me getting information about the program and starting my paperwork (which is one thing he doesn't normally do). Be assertive and show that u want to go... If you aren't motivated to go, you can't motivate him to send your trash in for acceptance...

Enjoy and Good luck

Kilo Co. 3rd Plt. Ooooraaah Marine Corps!
1st Incr 2005 - Jrs
1st Incr 2007 - Srs ?

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
And remember, candidates get broken or attrited before OCS, opening up a slot. This could happen up until the day OCS starts. There is a lot of wisdom and good advice on here about impressions and persistence, but remember that you will not always get your way. Don't go into this expecting not to take helo's for an answer, for example. The Corps will always win an argument.

AppleCello

Suit is good. no one knows if the guy is coming from or goin to work. It give's a good impression and really cant hurt.

JGrim85

Thanks for everyone's input. I met with my OSO and pretty much just need to take the ATSB (scored a 250 on the pft; hoping to have over a 300 when OCS rolls around). I am working with NROTC/Marine Option to help prepare me for OCS. Things seem to have worked out well and I believe they will only continue to get better. I frankly don't care about fixed wing or rotarty wing. All I know is that I want to lead Marines and fly. I hope to also get some time on the ground as a FAC. By the way most of you all have probably seen this movie but I just had to put it on here. GET SOME!!!

http://www.openfire.us/media/video/3rd_Bn_1st_Marines_Fallujah.wmv